SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help my son start a side business - car detailing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help my son start a side business - car detailing Login/Join 
Picture of smlsig
posted
HI-
As some of you may remember my oldest son, Evan, was in the Army and served a tour in the sandbox.
He came home, finished his degree and now works for a great company selling toys to the SF community.

His passion has always been cars, particularly detailing them so last week he started a mobile detailing business in the Pinehurst NC area.

He named the business Wicked Wax Detailing. If you are a Facebook user I would appreciate you liking his page to help get his name out there and if you happen to live in that area and want a fantastic detail job hit him up. You can read about the detailing process in his blogs which he is starting to expand upon.
Thanks.

www.wickedwaxdetailing.com

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6326 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vic40204
posted Hide Post
Done.

Vic Johnson

Posts: 798 | Location: Augusta, Georgia. | Registered: February 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Thanks Vic!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6326 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
HI-
As some of you may remember my oldest son, Evan, was in the Army and served a tour in the sandbox.
He came home, finished his degree and now works for a great company selling toys to the SF community.

His passion has always been cars, particularly detailing them so last week he started a mobile detailing business in the Pinehurst NC area.

He named the business Wicked Wax Detailing. If you are a Facebook user I would appreciate you liking his page to help get his name out there and if you happen to live in that area and want a fantastic detail job hit him up. You can read about the detailing process in his blogs which he is starting to expand upon.
Thanks.

www.wickedwaxdetailing.com

Have him drop me a line, i was rated one of the top 10 detailers by autoweek in 2009. I will be more than happy to talk to him.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I can share his page with my car buddies in OBX.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7072 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Wish I had know that a few weeks ago...
I was just down there visiting my brother in Gibson NC (AKA Green Acres) and I wanted to get my snow/ice/winter abused 4runner waxed properly.

Got someone to do it in Fayetteville (they did a good job) but I will gladly pass on your son's info to my brudder and his friends.

Good luck to Evan!

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I used to spend a lot of time there with my past employer. I liked his page to help a brother out.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Liked his page...Wish I was closer, I would hit him up, I hate (and avoid) washing, let alone detailing my vehicles!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
LOL. I was able to hit like just before they wanted me to join Facebook which I will not do.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1689 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
That's awesome. Love to see that entrepreneurial spirit.

One thing the building garage does here in FtW where I office, is offer a detailing service. They contract with a good dude who is able to have a little pop up table display when we show up at the building in the AM. You can buy your detail on the spot or schedule for another day and your car will be ready by lunch or whatever. He could try some smaller office buildings. You probably have to cut management in for a sliver, but your demand might be worth it.

Just a thought for him if he wants to expand/market, etc. down the road.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
That's awesome. Love to see that entrepreneurial spirit.

One thing the building garage does here in FtW where I office, is offer a detailing service. They contract with a good dude who is able to have a little pop up table display when we show up at the building in the AM. You can buy your detail on the spot or schedule for another day and your car will be ready by lunch or whatever. He could try some smaller office buildings. You probably have to cut management in for a sliver, but your demand might be worth it.

Just a thought for him if he wants to expand/market, etc. down the road.

Here in Fort Lauderdale the mobile detail guys do that. Some visit different office buildings each day. Now obviously it has to be a decent sized office building. Problem is most office people want it on Friday so it's fresh for the weekend.......or cause they get paid on Friday.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Have him identify some of the best car clubs in the area (customs, hot rods, classics, and foreign) and try and establish some relationships with the members. Word of mouth is everything with these guys, and once you're in, it can become quite lucrative. Additionally, visit some of the local car shows with business cards and maybe some sort of promotional item(s).

I've never done it professionally, but I have detailed a number of show cars for individuals I've built relationships with locally, which has helped replenish my guns and ammo slush fund continuously. Personally, there's nothing like working on a high dollar Ferrari or Porsche as opposed to a bunch of Honda's. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My best to him.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Done!
I wish him well in his new endeavor!

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I did that part time while in the USAF for extra money. It's an art if done well. My best to him for success.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Done. Best wishes to him.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7657 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post