SIGforum
17,000 dollar (before legal fees) mistake by Leftist puke

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/6150089234

November 10, 2017, 02:29 PM
parabellum
17,000 dollar (before legal fees) mistake by Leftist puke
How fragile do you have to be to get excited over chalk on a sidewalk? Roll Eyes

Pro-life student group wins settlement after professor tries to kick away chalk messages

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
November 10, 2017, 02:37 PM
smschulz
Hmmmm, a Free Speech "area" > how novel? Confused
November 10, 2017, 02:39 PM
parabellum
"College campuses are not free speech areas"

Clueless asshole
November 10, 2017, 02:44 PM
deepocean
Interesting how he brags he doesn't have to pay anything because the insurance company is paying for all of it. The settlement says he didn't admit to any wrongdoing and still has the right to complain to the administration if he feels the students are breaking the rules in the future.

So what was the point of the settlement if everything is couched in those terms?
November 10, 2017, 02:48 PM
parabellum
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
So what was the point of the settlement if everything is couched in those terms?
Assuming that you believe him (which I do not), he can no longer fuck with these students, which is all they wanted in the first place.
November 10, 2017, 02:55 PM
mbinky
It absolutely amazes me how small mined many of these so called "academics" are. Really kind of scary.

Good on the student group for pursuing it.
November 10, 2017, 04:54 PM
patw
It is amazing at what passes for a professor at a college these days. When I was in school, there was no censorship of any kind and most professors were conservatives. Man have things changed in 30 years. One of my favorite professors in college, was my Business Law professor, Mr. Israel. He would not hold back and would let you know in front of everyone if you were an "idiot just wasting his time", his exact words for those who did not study.
November 10, 2017, 05:22 PM
deepocean
Bullies tend to not change their behavior until forced to do so. An injunction is good, but this scenario will likely happen again, in a different way.
November 10, 2017, 05:37 PM
TMats
In the last year I have been absolutely blown away by Leftists abusing the First Amendment. They have attacked both verbally and in some cases, physically--those they disagree with. Each day a new abuse comes to light and it's hard to rank them, but...this is unbelievable!

November 10, 2017, 05:53 PM
thunderson
There should be a national database of those who violate the civil rights of others. Shitheads should be registered and required by law to go door to door and tell their neighbors what they did. They should have to reveal it to potential employers. Just like sex offenders. This shit would come to a grinding halt.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown
November 10, 2017, 05:53 PM
Il Cattivo
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
Assuming that you believe him (which I do not), he can no longer fuck with these students, which is all they wanted in the first place.

If he really does have insurance for this kind of thing then you have to wonder what's going to happen to his premiums as a result of his willful and pointless behavior.
November 10, 2017, 06:03 PM
Rey HRH
Ha ha.

He should have been made to apologize and to acknowledge the students’ right to free speech. He should also take part in diversity training.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
November 10, 2017, 06:45 PM
darthfuster
Free speech zones? The whole country is a free speech zone.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier
November 10, 2017, 06:47 PM
Sgt Neutron
As a reminder for the professor, the following is a Free Speech Area: