SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is there a title for the guy whose daughter married my son?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a title for the guy whose daughter married my son? Login/Join 
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Cousin-in-law.

Not in my neck of the woods. Just cousin...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
That dude.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heros.

Those guys who raised daughters who would finally get my sons to move out of the house.

No way I could ever repay them.

Posts: 1351 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
In Tagalog, you and your son's parents-in-law would be "balae" (the word describing your relationship to the other set of parents.) A pretty close relationship in Filipino culture.

Posts: 2465 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kho:
When I saw Sig Monkey post I thought it would be this.

There is a specific term in Yiddish for the relationship between the parents of a husband and wife: machatunim.

Actually, a Hebrew word which survived via Yiddishkeit.

It means (roughly)

The In-laws.

or

The Outlaws.

Depending on who's doing the talking.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43884 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are called your affinal relatives or affinal kin.

Posts: 74 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: July 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post