New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pat Tillman Login/Join 
posted
Remembering you today
For your service

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54689 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Great American. I’m from San Jose and this was a huge deal 20 years ago when he didn’t re-sign with AZ. How many of today’s pro athletes would walk away from multi million dollar contracts to join the military. Very, very few.

Posts: 4783 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. Pat

Posts: 4040 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An American hero, thank you sir.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Stud, no doubt.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6983 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The bridge that comprises the US 93 bypass of Hoover Dam is named for him (shared with Mike O'Callaghan, a former governor of NV). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...lman_Memorial_Bridge

Posts: 27990 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just an amazing human being.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I went to ASU and was wearing my Tillman hat today. I always grt comments on the hat.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1774 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indeed

Posts: 851 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
I saw a man in the do nut shop this morning wearing a tee shirt with Tillman on the back.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
I went to ASU and was wearing my Tillman hat today. I always grt comments on the hat.

I also went to ASU and got to see him play many times. He wasn't the most gifted athlete in the world, he just always seemed to be at the right place at the right time. His younger brother was a pretty decent baseball player that also played for ASU. Would see Pat at his baseball games, was a nice guy as well.

Posts: 124 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: January 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I knew of his brother (Kevin), who enlisted together with Pat into the Army on a Ranger contract. Pat's death, while shocking, was even more frustrating and infuriating afterwards with how the Rangers, big Army, the DoD and the Bush admin handled it; from the cover-up, the spinning of the story, to the issues within Ranger-culture, it was all very ugly and messy.

The family to this day have much ill-will towards the US gov, Army and the Bush's.

Posts: 14688 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Pat Tillman. A true American Hero in my books.

Front sight...Front sight...Front sight...Only Hits Count.
NRA Life Member
Frank John Boy -Police Lingo

Posts: 126 | Registered: July 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
I also went to ASU and got to see him play many times. He wasn't the most gifted athlete in the world, he just always seemed to be at the right place at the right time. His younger brother was a pretty decent baseball player that also played for ASU. Would see Pat at his baseball games, was a nice guy as well.[/QUOTE]

Hello fellow Sun Devil! I was long gone from ASU when Tillman was there so I never got to see him play.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1774 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post