SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    EAA Airventure is starting Monday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EAA Airventure is starting Monday Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted
For those so inclined, yesterday, today, and Sunday are the biggest arrival days and EAA has live cams set up covering all areas of the gathering.

https://www.eaa.org/airventure/live

Today was mass arrivals of Mooney aircraft and Beech Bonanzas both of which made a very grand showing. KOSH will be the busiest airport and have more aircraft parked on site that anywhere in the world this week.

Primary runway is 27/9 with green dot cam showing the best view. Almost every cam has live ATC radio so you can track the incomings.

Great airshows to come all week.

Enjoy!!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20385 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Here's a multi-page PDF for the arrival procedures.

http://www.rstengineering.com/...oshkosh/approach.pdf

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
i don't even fly, but i'd love to go to this event

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Here's a multi-page PDF for the arrival procedures.

http://www.rstengineering.com/...oshkosh/approach.pdf

Yep! These guys have it figured out!

sse: I haven’t flown in years, but this pulls me like nothing else.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20385 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
i don't even fly, but i'd love to go to this event

Nearly everybody who goes is a non-pilot. Go if you can.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9361 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
EAA has two big events every year. Oshkosh in the summer, and Lakeland FL in the spring.

I have never been to Oshkosh. Went to the Lakeland event (EAA Sun 'n Fun) once. Insane crowds, total zoo. I was glad that I had driven, rather than flying there, as it would have been very difficult to leave on a reasonable schedule if I had flown.

A lot of people camp at both events, many sleeping under the wings of their airplanes.

Side note: Anybody can join EAA, you don't have to be a pilot. Membership is inexpensive, and last time I looked, one of the benefits was Ford X-Plan.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post