SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Private sell of my car, any tips? (Update in OP)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Private sell of my car, any tips? (Update in OP) Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Where I live, the state has an online bill of sale that can be filled out, printed and signed by both parties that covers the basic necessities.
Your state may have one too.

Posts: 9536 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
Update on the sale in OP.

Posts: 2313 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yikes. Honestly that is why the last car I sold (for very little) was to Carmax. I knew they were lowballing me but I was never in fear of anything other than getting taken to the cleaners. lol

Glad nothing bad, really, happened to you guys. It does read like the beginnings of a crime novel. Good that you all are safe.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Put "As Is", on the bill of sale.

This. My bro-in-law had an old, high mileage car. He'd taken good care of it, but it was still an old, high mileage car.

He was selling it and I told him to put "As Is. No Warranties" on the bill of sale. 10 mins after the buyer drove away, he called and said the car died and he was on the side of the road.

It was an unfortunate situation. But, not for my bro-in-law.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6421 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post