SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    No, it's not 'Nam. It's the Fourth of July in Toledo...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No, it's not 'Nam. It's the Fourth of July in Toledo... Login/Join 
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
How did someone not get hurt?

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:

I know, good thing that lady (oh Never mind)

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I was impressed with fireworks displays until I witnessed an ARVN ammo dump go up one night in Viet Nam.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
At least around here fireworks are expensive. Who has that kind of money and that little sense? To buy that many mortars, such that you need a U-Haul to move them. Then let them go up all at once.

Amazing that those guys up front didnt get hit, simply amazing!

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Ridiculous.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Fetch the bactine, boy."

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Thats excessive! We have our share of fireworks enthusiasts around here, and they shoot them off for almost every night after the holidays for several weeks. As a matter of fact, even last night. Actually it doesn't bother me as much as seeing my cat go bonkers and hide in the computer furniture desk my cat crawls thru and hides in the back.

Though a few years back I always clean some of the aftermath debris out of my pool, I found a copper jacketed hollow point on the bottom. The pool was close enough but I was thinking if it hit my roof it most likely would have caused a leak. Especially in our rainy season, not to mention if it hit somebody, thats a problem.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Looks like a fun neighborhood. As a cop, I learned to hate all holidays. As soon as I got enough seniority to take them as a day off, I did. You just watched the reason why.

Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day are our only seniority based holiday request days all the rest are first come first serve.
We can put in a leave request 364 days before hand. July 5th always has a request for July 4 of the following year for me.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
At least around here fireworks are expensive. Who has that kind of money and that little sense?

I've found that those who spend the most on fireworks are those who can least afford it.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Plugugly:
"Fetch the bactine, boy."

Bah, just run a little “‘tussin” on it. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Mother of the year, shielding her child. This at the 18 second mark. It's a bit difficult to see, but despite mom's heroic shielding of her precious one, she still has her drink in her left hand.

Umm, hey, mom? INCOMING!!!!!!!!

I don't know, to me, it looks like she's just kind of squatting close to him. Probably didn't want to spill her beverage.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I've found that those who spend the most on fireworks are those who can least afford it.
LITERALLY setting your money on fire.

It simply amazes me how so few of those "explosions" didn't wind up going horizontal. For the most part, it all went vertical; harmlessly in the air.

And side note...the person filming this should be hunted down and FLOGGED for filming it vertically. Just sayin'.......

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
At least around here fireworks are expensive. Who has that kind of money and that little sense?

One word, "stolen." Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Wish I could find this somewhere besides FB.

https://www.facebook.com/10807...eos/543636976656518/

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
White trash at its best (the family on the porch), I did laugh though.

Posts: 4101 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:

My youngest daughter is a trauma physician in the ER there. People did get hurt, she was busy that night but I know nothing of severity.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
And no one noticed in the pile of trash on the front porch there was a hose. Like a water hose.

Instead of drinking or smoking she should have been attaching it to the outside hose bib. She got lucky and didn't have a fire. Most structure fires can be extinguished with a garden hose if caught in the first minute or two. But remember, this is up in Buckeye-ville where folks seem to be stupid. Its a way of life.

She has a kid (doesn't take much intelligence) and wasn't very worried about him. Black folks worry about living in the Ghetto. What about living around stupid white folks?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
I found a copper jacketed hollow point on the bottom. The pool was close enough but I was thinking if it hit my roof it most likely would have caused a leak. Especially in our rainy season, not to mention if it hit somebody, thats a problem.

[drift] my very first call for service as a fresh new PO-lice was responding to a vandalism where someone came home on New Year’s Day and found a 9mm FMJ round resting on her counter in the kitchen…singlewide trailer (essentially a long beercan)…I took the same calls all day and into the next two days as people filtered home to find damage.

Caller couldn’t understand why her house was targeted…she couldn’t grasp that it had been fired from several blocks away into the air on New Year’s Eve and had to come down somewhere.

[/drift]

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post