SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazed by the Villages Florida warranty department.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazed by the Villages Florida warranty department. Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
We bought our new home in the Villages in September. There is a 1 year home warranty so we decided to have an inspection done while we are here this week for any warranty items.

The inspector was awesome and found a lot of very minor issues. They are all things I would not have bothered to have fixed or would have fixed myself. Stuff like caulk around the gas pipe, some very minor stucco cracks, a couple of screws missing in the slider door.

The inspector was here yesterday morning. He sent the report to the warranty department. Between yesterday afternoon and this morning I had 5 calls from the different contractors to schedule repairs. One repair on my lanai of some cracking concrete coating has already been completed.

I've just never seen anything so organized and efficient. These contractors must not want to lose the business since the Villages is building something like 70 homes per day.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12598 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to hear that only minor issues were found. We closed on a new build in The Enclave in February and I've been impressed by the build quality - hoping our 1-year inspection won't turn up much, too.

I think you're absolutely right about contractors not wanting to under perform and get kicked off site. They're still building homes around me and it's amazing to watch the number of different contractors in and out all day; they've got the process down for sure.

Posts: 165 | Registered: May 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
That’s really good to hear! Far different from my folk’s experiences in Fl, but they independently own.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5490 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Awesome, glad they are taking care of your home.

How are you liking the area, you sure decided to come down for some hot weather!

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Getting things done in Florida can be a challenge, glad it’s working for you

Posts: 2335 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Awesome, glad they are taking care of your home.

How are you liking the area, you sure decided to come down for some hot weather!

We are very part time for a few years as we aren't retired yet. So we are only here for this week. We are trying to be here for 1 week every 2 months, with an extended 3 weeks in Jan or February.

So far just today I've had the plumber to shorten a pipe from the water heater (condensate pipe), the concrete guy I mentioned, the builder to correct some hurricane straps in the attic, Landscaper to tighten down a fence post, a roofer to inspect some shingles that had foot traffic damage. Electrician scheduled to fix a ceiling fan that's missing a screw cover, and the insulation guy scheduled to fix one bit of missing insulation in the attic.

All in 1 day of the inspection. It's crazy how fast they are.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12598 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome! We had a similar experience with our home warranty when we moved into our new place. It was so impressive how quickly they handled the little issues, like missing screws and minor cracks. The contractors were on top of it right away, just like you’re seeing. It’s great when things are that organized and fast, especially with so many new homes going up!

in the 'Merica Navy they teach you to go pew pew pew...
Luckily in the PNW they taught me to go BANG BANG BANG

Posts: 99 | Registered: November 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
I’ve heard they are on top of getting things fixed for the one year warranty. We are coming down for the lifestyle visit in February.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Looking to purchase soon. Hoping to have Christmas in The Villages. We like the area between the 466 and 466A. Hoping to find the perfect place. Frayedends, would be awesome to have a Christmas drink with you.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4291 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Looking to purchase soon. Hoping to have Christmas in The Villages. We like the area between the 466 and 466A. Hoping to find the perfect place. Frayedends, would be awesome to have a Christmas drink with you.

That would be awesome but unfortunately we are only here a week or two at a time until we retire in a couple years. But if you buy let me know and we will have a drink on some day I’m here.

These go to eleven.

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wingfoot:
I’ve heard they are on top of getting things fixed for the one year warranty. We are coming down for the lifestyle visit in February.

I think the only downfall of the inspector sending the report right to the developer is that some things I would just rather fix myself. I had someone call to come tighten the screws on my slider door handle. I told him it was okay as I do indeed own a screwdriver. Big Grin

I had the lifestyle visit and I was hooked. Check out Shooters World near Brownwood Paddock Square.

These go to eleven.

posted Hide Post
Home inspection vids on Y.T.
will change your perspective on buying and building.

If you can believe the internet,

The construction market is rampant with unscrupulous builders and contractors, and on top of that there are equally unscrupulous inspectors, and if you dig a bit
, there are even unscrupulous city or county officials .

I can't believe what people find wrong and try to get away with.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55139 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Quoted without comment
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

there are even unscrupulous city or county officials

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post