SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Veteran delivering packages and the USA flag
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Veteran delivering packages and the USA flag Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted
Anyone need to watch something uplifting today?

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
So sorry but something happened near the end of the video causing the screen to get fuzzy and blury and hard to see. ................several post after my first seem to say this was a staged video. Who cares. Even if it was staged proper respect was shown by this person without any help folding the flag.............................................. drill sgt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drill sgt,

Posts: 2008 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Shared on Facebook.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
thanks

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I literally was just thinking I needed more positive in my media intake.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
thank you for posting this.

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Beyond a shadow of a doubt, he's a Marine.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’ve seen this video and it’s worth sharing, but I wonder why a veteran would fold the Flag with the canton on the inside

Posts: 13262 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for this most reaffirming moment!

Posts: 309 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Every once in a while it's nice to be reminded there are still good people in this world. Thanks for posting.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I’ve seen this video and it’s worth sharing, but I wonder why a veteran would fold the Flag with the canton on the inside

I would give him leeway in that error. He was trying to fold it by himself, in a slight breeze, and without laying it on the ground.

Amazing he did a the precise salute and turn around, in spite of his bum leg.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRIO:
quote:

I would give him leeway in that error. He was trying to fold it by himself, in a slight breeze, and without laying it on the ground.

I will, and it was

Posts: 13262 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey TMats, I like your cut...Legalize the Constitution

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never tire of seeing patriotic gestures!!

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
He didn't. His folding was correct, but one person just has a very hard time managing a flag of that size, and the folding failed near the end. It was a fine effort, but flawed.

Good job, veteran!
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Beyond a shadow of a doubt, he's a Marine.
Not necessarily. I was USAF, and I believe I'd have made the same effort.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRIO:

It's called an "about face".

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
He didn't. His folding was correct, but one person just has a very hard time managing a flag of that size, and the folding failed near the end. It was a fine effort, but flawed.
flashguy

I’ll suggest you watch one more time.

Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I've watched it several times and I like the messaging however I think it's staged.

1. The vid is about 2:30 long and I'm pretty sure (not absolutely sure however) that Ring doesn't record that long at one time.

2. At 45 seconds the Ring camera zooms in. Ring doesn't zoom in as far as I know.

3. In the set of frames right at 45 seconds right before the flag falls the picture shifts and the frame is different. It jumps to the left and Ring doesn't do that.

4. That's the gentlest of breezes I've ever seen to blow a flag off a pole. The wind is mild and somewhat breezy and virtually no breeze once he picks it up.

Good sentiment but this was staged.

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post