SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    so i bought an old bass boat ..1977 Glasstron 17.5 foot--need advice
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

so i bought an old bass boat ..1977 Glasstron 17.5 foot--need advice Login/Join 
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you haven't bought it, do a compression test on the motor, and also back off the drain screw for the lower unit, and let a few drops drip out and make sure there is no water in the
If you just bought it. I'd go through the motor and change the water pump impellor, gear lube (use Mercury High Performance it is the best gear lube on the market), fuel filters, and spark plugs. If it has the silver/grey fuel lines, change those immediately as ethanol fuel breaks them down almost instantly and clogs the carburaters. Also use ethanol free gasoline, good 2 stroke oil, and Pri-g or another good gas stabilizer in the fuel.

excellent advice thanks !

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3350 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post