SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Derek Chauvin Trial
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 38
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Derek Chauvin Trial Login/Join 
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Sometimes they start right away with the "I'm afraid to get out of the car" bullshit, and it's downhill from there.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Very few black Americans have any faith in the criminal justice system or the police, and rightfully so.
You've nearly hunted them wholesale and treated them like garbage and whipping posts for decades. You all (institutionally, not personally) have utterly lost the next 2-3 generations at least, by your crazy b.s.

Believe it. The current path and attitude will never work.

The attitudes in this thread are exceptionally rare outside of places like here and threads like this, and thank goodness.

Lure them into complaiance with free pizza and hugs for all I care, but quit killing people like stray dogs. Figuring out how to do your job with less wanton and unnecessary violence is your task to sort out. Do it.

No one, anywhere, ever will "respect muh authority" as long as this this keeps happening. You've irrevocably lost the trust of many millions of people all over the county, and much of the civilized world.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Very few black Americans have any faith in the criminal justice system or the police, and rightfully so.
You've nearly hunted them wholesale and treated them like garbage and whipping posts for decades. You all (institutionally, not personally) have utterly lost the next 2-3 generations at least, by your crazy b.s.

That’s a bunch of over the top bullshit rhetoric right there. Even metaphorically, you are out of line for suggesting that.

I expect that kind of garbage from the BLM groups, not members here...even the more liberal ones like you. Which is fine, I probably swing more left on some topics here, including this one, but you just went full retard on the bit and lost any credibility I might have given your words.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12334 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I disagree. My words come from first hand, extensive, experience with all sorts of folks.

I wish it weren't true, even. But it is.

We don't have to argue over it, no real point.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
I disagree. My words come from first hand, extensive, experience with all sorts of folks.

If that is your genuine perception, then you sir are as much a part of the problem as the BLM groups. And this is coming from someone who wants to agree with you on some parts, but not like this.

I know more cops than I have fingers and toes. Are they perfect? Nope. Are they racist and out hunting blacks? Nope. Prejudiced by experience on the streets? You bet...that makes them more careful. You made some awful powerful accusations in your post, argue or not, I am going to call you on it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12334 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
This isn't me taking some shot at any of you.

And even if it's only ever been an average of 5% of all LE and Judges and Guards and Parole Officers or something, it's way too many and has had a devastating effect. I can't even imagine trying to convince many I know to trust the police, I may as well be speaking Farsi or Jibberish or frying to feed them a shit sandwich on wonder bread with extra mayo. This mistrust and straight fear runs so deep now I literally see 4x generations of it spreading first hand.

Like, I'm afraid of snakes. True story. I'm not afraid of much, but snakes, fuck that, I'm running away, walking on water if I must, innately not having anything to do with loose snakes near me. Pure instinct.

Gozillions of people are now twice that afraid and distrustful of the entire LE and Justice system, and fhe police happen to be the pointy end of that spear and catching the most flak for many systemic institutional and personnel problems.

Besides, I am careful in my words and intent and this isn't personal and I genuinely like and respect almost everyone here and wish to remain for many years to come. I vote with you all 100%, Served with many of you, and so on. My credentials of those sorts remain as solid as ever.

To many of my friends I'm a cop apologist and suspicious of being a narc or some shit, I'm not crying about it, kind you, but I'm no hood kid or anything of the sort nor a leftist blm-er.

This is observational, not accusational. I take no pleasure in these comments. None. But it's like a tile bathroom in here right now, bunch of tough talk, lots of cheerleading, and more bullshit, echo echo echo.

I am as frustrated with it all as anyone else. We may differ on why, but this stuff is a mess and a half. And the current way isn't working, has almost no support anywhere, and as such - shit much change, and stat.

Sepatately, calling this trial a Lynching is some quasi clever bullshit, too. Don't get cute, dudes. History is entirely unambiguous as to which group has been lynching the other. You know you're trying to be cute.

Very bad form.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Silly, dumb bitch. Legitimately one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

https://mobile.twitter.com/che.../1381975967917240322

My perspective is this kind of message is what's getting these people killed. This lady is influencing others to resist and the consequences will be fatal for some. She is perpetuating the problem.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
You couldn't be more mistaken, Darth.

A. No white lady, much less a tv personality, is Telling Them any such thing

B. That feeling she's talking about runs so much deeper than some fool on TV trying to get Likes.

Y'all need more black friends, and more poor friends, from more places around the country. Some perspective.

That's all I've done, is have friends all over, of many types, and travel, and talk to people. Smile

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You are out of line and you are going to get this thread locked. Cool it.

Posts: 107608 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You are out of line and you are going to get this thread locked. Cool it.

Roger

I'll stop.

Thanks for your patience and tolerance.

Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
This isn't me taking some shot at any of you.

And even if it's only ever been an average of 5% of all LE and Judges and Guards and Parole Officers or something, it's way too many and has had a devastating effect. I can't even imagine trying to convince many I know to trust the police, I may as well be speaking Farsi or Jibberish or frying to feed them a shit sandwich on wonder bread with extra mayo. This mistrust and straight fear runs so deep now I literally see 4x generations of it spreading first hand.

Like, I'm afraid of snakes. True story. I'm not afraid of much, but snakes, fuck that, I'm running away, walking on water if I must, innately not having anything to do with loose snakes near me. Pure instinct.

Gozillions of people are now twice that afraid and distrustful of the entire LE and Justice system, and fhe police happen to be the pointy end of that spear and catching the most flak for many systemic institutional and personnel problems.

Besides, I am careful in my words and intent and this isn't personal and I genuinely like and respect almost everyone here and wish to remain for many years to come. I vote with you all 100%, Served with many of you, and so on. My credentials of those sorts remain as solid as ever.

To many of my friends I'm a cop apologist and suspicious of being a narc or some shit, I'm not crying about it, kind you, but I'm no hood kid or anything of the sort nor a leftist blm-er.

This is observational, not accusational. I take no pleasure in these comments. None. But it's like a tile bathroom in here right now, bunch of tough talk, lots of cheerleading, and more bullshit, echo echo echo.

I am as frustrated with it all as anyone else. We may differ on why, but this stuff is a mess and a half. And the current way isn't working, has almost no support anywhere, and as such - shit much change, and stat.

Sepatately, calling this trial a Lynching is some quasi clever bullshit, too. Don't get cute, dudes. History is entirely unambiguous as to which group has been lynching the other. You know you're trying to be cute.

Very bad form.

No real hope for someone who has convinced themselves of this nonsense. It's pretty evident who is winning the propaganda war in this country.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Communist propaganda rots the brain.

The current divide in this country has nothing to do with race and EVERYTHING to do with a certain segment of society deliberately trying to divide and incite for their own gain. People say it is race based because they have been fed propaganda on a daily basis. You think Chelsea Handler cares about black people? GMAFB. Of course not. Neither does anyone else on the left. People who use race as an excuse for their own failure are weak willed quitters.

St. George de la Fentanyl (MMXX) was high as bat shit with heart problems and decided to get into a physical altercation with police. His choice, and he owns the consequences.

Unfortunately I do not for one second feel that the jury will weigh the evidence in an impartial manner. They are afraid for their own well being as they know the left will doxx them as revenge if they vote the wrong way, and then their action arm (BLM, Antifa) will attack knowing they will suffer ZERO consequences. Communists consider this behavior completely acceptable; the ends justify the means.

As for the cop, well, just more proof that if you want to pursue a career in LE don't do it in an area run by Communists. Eventually you WILL be tossed in the gulag when they have no more use for you.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
46 and Duh... thanks for reminding me that there's an Ignore List.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
46 and Duh... thanks for reminding me that there's an Ignore List.

Haha +1

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. That was the most ill informed and dumbest thing I think I've ever read. Anywhere.

Posts: 5743 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have been here a long time and most of you know that I served many years in law enforcement. My duties ranged from military special agent to patrol officer, investigator, SWAT member and SWAT commander, and chief of police. I have worked with hundreds of LE officers over the years and met maybe two who I would describe as racist. Both of them were fired. The vast majority of officers entered the field because it is a helping profession and they want to make a positive difference. Most officers have what I call a servant's heart, even after many years of disillusionment on the streets. There is a conundrum for officers in a helping profession where they may be called upon to use deadly force.

There is some kind of inverse, or perverse logic in blaming the police for being racist. The fact is, when an officer makes a traffic stop or responds to a call in most instances has no idea the color, race, or sex of the people involved. What he does know is that his next encounter may be with someone who wants to kill him. Every encounter develops differently.

Once the officer is there, he or she has a job to do, and the legal authority to carry it out. They are armed, and trained to use force to obtain compliance. It's why it's called a police "force". They are the only element of government who have the legal authority to use force, and restrict people's freedom. Things go haywire when that force is excessive or unnecessary. For that reason, it is incumbent on police leadership to control that behavior through discipline and training. Attitudes on the subject vary greatly among 17,000 law enforcement agencies. I know how to use force, taught defensive tactics and firearms, directed many SWAT operations, but would never tolerate unnecessary or excessive use of force. It occurs very rarely, but when it does it draws intense scrutiny, especially when a minority is involved.

American elected officials are unwilling to face the reality of what is occurring in urban areas. The police are dealing with an unassimilated subculture of violence and disrespect for authority that has developed for various reasons over decades. The problems are complex and profound, often created by political inaction or incompetence. No fathers in the home, feral children growing up with no values, education, or life skills, social welfare enabling alternate criminal lifestyles, violence being the primary means of social control, and so on. The irony is that most victims are residents of the minority community who really need and want law enforcement.

These kids are often programmed to run from, to resist, to not comply with authority figures. So you send the police into a no-win situation to try to keep a lid on things. Conflicts between police and the subculture are going to happen. The media and politicians are abstract in the studio while the officers sometimes feel they are at war. Sometimes mistakes occur in the heat of the moment. Add an arsonist media and you get a riot. None of what has occurred surprises me-I have been watching it fester for more that 50 years.

The solutions lie within the minority community coming to grips with the root of the problem. Many religious leaders, and responsible social leaders have tried, but it seems they are shoveling sand against the tide. Sometimes I think the subculture must hit bottom before it can begin to turn around.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
This paragraph needs to be read again.

quote:
American elected officials are unwilling to face the reality of what is occurring in urban areas. The police are dealing with an unassimilated subculture of violence and disrespect for authority that has developed for various reasons over decades. The problems are complex and profound, often created by political inaction or incompetence. No fathers in the home, feral children growing up with no values, education, or life skills, social welfare enabling alternate criminal lifestyles, violence being the primary means of social control, and so on. The irony is that most victims are residents of the minority community who really need and want law enforcement.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11285 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:

Truth. The breakdown of the 2-parent family is the core problem. No respect for authority is the obvious corollary.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

quote:

So essentially, government is at the root of all this. Funny, they also appear to be at the root of every problem plaguing this country.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nev:
Asian and European countries have TONS of experience with this stuff. They know how to defend against, and stop, decisively, mobs and rioters without going unhinged, and without firearms. Sadly, I feel a "Tiananmen Square type response" in many, too many U.S. cities/counties, would be met overly harshly.

Me: Love the police; a police fan; respect, honor, listen to & obey, move on. Have also been dismayed by the militarization of the police for years -- which is not good in the U.S.A.

I lived in an overly (established) white suburban family kid area in north (Dallas) Texas for over 15 years. I saw the the local police dept. driving armored vehicles around, some of which had stickers that said, "paid for by seized property assets." Two strikes there against the govt. IMO.

POLICE, are to protect and serve. Nothing beyond that. IMO.

Militarized police* (equipment) in the U.S.A. is out of bound.

*Applies to any/all political parties; anyone who likes it in one, has to accept it in another.

So where would YOU draw the line? What constitutes "militarization" and what doesn't? Would you have police restricted to K-frame revolvers loaded with 146gr LRN and maybe a couple of speedloaders? What about body armor, yea or nay?

I suspect that if you found yourself on the wrong end of a terrorist (or BLM/Antifa) attack, or home invasion, you would be glad to have a SWAT team outfitted like a SEAL platoon respond.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post