SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Winners on Pg 3: 22,222nd Post Please and Thank You Karma
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winners on Pg 3: 22,222nd Post Please and Thank You Karma Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
I’ve been a Sigforumite for nearly 18 years and I typically read more than I post. This is the only place on the Internet that I call "home" and it's because of y'all.

Before we get to the karma portion, it's appropriate to thank:
  • Para for providing this digital oasis for us. It's extremely generous to provide a forum free of charge with zero advertisements to offset costs.
  • Para , the admins, and the mods for running it in the manner they do which has made Sigforum a very unique community.
  • The members as they've provided endless laughs, insight into almost every subject imaginable, shown unsurpassed generosity, and my home is full of items that y'all have recommended.

When I first joined the forum, I was impressed by Wally's please and thank you karma since those 3 words aren't used frequently enough in today's society. Therefore, 90% of the karmas I've offered have followed that format.

Here are the rules:
  • The Karma Picker (thanks Mark123) will choose the winners.
  • Your post must contain both the words “please” and "thank you" (thanks is acceptable). As long as it's polite, feel free to creatively use the words. In the past, people have been very creative and it made me smile and/or chuckle.
  • You must have an e-mail address in your profile or in your post.
  • You must have been a member on or before 8/1/23.
  • The winner must respond to my e-mail within 72 hours.

Two winners will be selected about lunch time on Aug 12th:
    1. Member with less 17 years
    2. Member with greater than or equal to 17 years

Each winner will have their choice of the following:
  • $50 gift card/certificate to Bravo Company USA
  • $50 gift card/certificate to Brownells
  • $50 gift card/certificate to Midway USA
  • $50 gift card/certificate to Amazon
  • Silver Sigforum Challenge Coin
  • Two (2) SOF-T Tactical Tourniquets (this is only item that is first come first serve).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tatortodd,

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Pyker
    posted Hide Post
    Congrats on your tenure. Please do not add me, thanks.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Gloom, despair and
    agony on me.
    Picture of drabfour
    posted Hide Post
    Thank you for the opportunity. Please include me.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Please enter my name. Thank you. Please enter me for the tourniquets as well. Thank you. That doesn’t read as very creative. I’m a right brainer I think.

Posts: 7499 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Shall Not Be Infringed
    Picture of nhracecraft
    posted Hide Post
    Please include me in your generous Karma! And Thank You for the chance, Sir!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
    Trump 2024....Save America!
    "May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
    Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of konata88
    posted Hide Post
    Thank you for drawing attention to the word "please" - society should use it more than it does. And when pleased, "thank you" is in order.

Please let me thank you for the opportunity to win a SF Challenge Coin.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
    "A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12721 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of P250UA5
    posted Hide Post
    Congrats on the milestone & tenure here.
    Please count me in for a shot at the Amazon or Challenge Coin [would go well with the copper coin I got from you a few years ago].
    Also, let's get out for a ride again soon, once this heat passes.

Thanks for a the chance!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    TT, thank you for your many funny taco memes. I get the impression you're a taco connoisseur. Please allow me to buy Torchy's on my next work trip to Houston (or any lunch spot at One Allen Center).

I agree that Sigforum is very unique.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of dsiets
    posted Hide Post
    Wow. A taco two two, two two two-sday.
    Please enter me into this this nice karma and thank you. Smile

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Thank you for reminding me about Wally. There are others here with 'Wally' in their user name but I am pretty sure I know which you mean.

I originally joined SIGforum in early 2000 after I purchased my first SIG, a SP2340. Many of the early members have passed on as well as many just dropped off for various reasons. A group of us had a few get togethers in San Antonio Cedar Ridge Range, Weatherford at Tac Pro, and Dallas at the DFW Gun Range.

I lost access to my original account and email after awhile so rejoined in 2018 under my current account.

I had the pleasure of meeting parabellum and his bride a few years ago.

Please enter me in your kind Karma and thank you for reminding me it is time for me to offer something up again as well.

Ken

Posts: 1069 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Little ray
    of sunshine
    Picture of jhe888
    posted Hide Post
    It would please me very much to enter into your generous karma. I thank you for being a member here and friend to us all.

Cheers.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Congratulations on a good run here.
    Please include me and thank you for the opportunity.
    Best wishes for a great weekend.

-bendable
    ( Val delete John Jean at delete g mail dot com delete )

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54646 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Res ipsa loquitur
    Picture of BB61
    posted Hide Post
    [IMG:left] [/IMG]

We used to sing this song with our kids. Barney's Please and Thank You.

Posts: 12467 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drug Dealer
    Picture of Jim Shugart
    posted Hide Post
    Please include me. I enjoy your posts and your contributions to this forum.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:
    I’ve been a Sigforumite for nearly 18 years and I typically read more than I post

Please forgive me for pointing out this little observation but, with 22,222 posts you must read A LOT to come up with that ratio.

Thank you for keeping this type of karma around. An occasional reminder on politeness is always a good thing.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
    -Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3852 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Page late and a dollar short
    posted Hide Post
    I didn’t join until August 2002, kids of a Luddite at the time but came here to learn more about my 2340 that was my first Sig and also my first handgun purchase after getting my Muchigan CPL earlier that year.

Pleads enter me and thank you.

-------------------------------------——————
    ————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8106 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    always with a hat or sunscreen
    Picture of bald1
    posted Hide Post
    Congrats tatortodd!

Please do NOT include me in your generous karma. Thank you! Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
    USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of bob ramberg
    posted Hide Post
    Please include me in your Karma and thank you for being such a long time member.

Bob
    Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1366 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    A day late, and
    a dollar short
    Picture of Warhorse
    posted Hide Post
    Please allow me to say thanks for such a generous karma. 22222 posts is quite the milestone.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of smlsig
    posted Hide Post
    Thank you for the generous karma and I agree with you that this place is truly unique with a level of expertise and generosity from its members that is not found on any other forum. Please include me in your karma!

------------------
    Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6319 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post