SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I just learned how two lesbian women can have a baby…together. (I’m not kidding)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just learned how two lesbian women can have a baby…together. (I’m not kidding) Login/Join 
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

Does this kid have the DNA of three people?

This is genetics, not bean cooking. Razz

There is a process where three individuals contribute DNA and the baby has DNA from all three. It's called mitochondrial replacement therapy. The purpose is to prevent the inheritance of serious health conditions caused by mutations to mitochondria. Definitely not mainstream or progressively trendy. Still weird. Smile

Posts: 2689 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's not how they do it in the Acolyte! :-P

Posts: 4750 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:

Both women were really nice, and their kids were really awesome, well behaved, polite children. I have to honestly say, they are a really nice family.

It just doesn’t sit very well with me for some reason.

I understand this on one level, but I think there is a big difference between people living their lives and a movement to force their lifestyles onto others.

Like most of the forum, I am tired of seeing constant pushes in this regard, ie movies, TV shows, and even the commercials featuring LGBTQ characters way out of proportion to real life. But if you know a lesbian couple who seem really nice with kids that are nice and well behaved, I think we need more of that- even if the couple is gay.

Personally I’m good with it.

Posts: 3519 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
I know two couples who have had children this way.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8868 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Both women were really nice, and their kids were really awesome, well behaved, polite children. I have to honestly say, they are a really nice family.

Because of this, I have ZERO issues with anything about how they got there. There are innumerable shitty parents and children out there, I'd call this a win.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17575 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post