SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    More problems for Navy's 7th Fleet
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More problems for Navy's 7th Fleet Login/Join 
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

The Sea Witch, Capt. Holly Graf...the female version of Phillip Queeg, who after all the investigations, ended up receiving an honorable retirement.

Sea Witch. . . Big Grin

Yeah, that's her.

I personally knew two LtCols, both whom were lousy commanders. Both made Bird Colonel (O-6). Both became Vice Wing Commanders. Both were relieved of their duties due to a variety of criminal activities and general douchebaggery. I would bet that most people who spent over 10 yrs in the military know similar examples.

This level is FAR FAR removed from POTUS. I've seen both of these officers cited in discussions (not here, IIRC) on how 'obama was ruining the military and replacing officers with liberal lackeys.' This stuff is all on the service and the people in the chain of command that tolerate these douchebags.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21914 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Navy morale has been swirling the toilet bowl for a long, long time. And assholes like this have been slipping up through the ranks as well.

Plenty of factors contributed to this occurring,

Of course the armchair historians will yell 'HUSSEIN', like they always do.

Not saying he helped the military one bit, but to think he was the sole cause of it's decline is utter ignorance.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
I was stationed in Japan for four years and couldn't imagine doing that today with all the liberty restrictions they deal with over there. The Sailors can't blow off steam and have a hectic deployment schedule, along with idiots like this in command.

I morn for the Sailors of the Navy I spent 26 years in.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Navy morale has been swirling the toilet bowl for a long, long time. And assholes like this have been slipping up through the ranks as well.

Plenty of factors contributed to this occurring,

Of course the armchair historians will yell 'HUSSEIN', like they always do.

Not saying he helped the military one bit, but to think he was the sole cause of it's decline is utter ignorance.

I witnessed complete incompetent ass kissing jackasses promoted to commanding officers during the early 80s so I quite agree with you that this bullshit has been going on for some time. The old adage of checking the "right boxes" worked for far too many of these pissants.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16505 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Seems the guys who get promoted are the ones who brief well. You know, the ones who care only about their numbers.

What weight does a bad command climate survey really have? Can a higher level commander really remove a subordinate commander over a bad command climate survey?

Why are those cancerous "leaders" still allowed to serve?

Posts: 13281 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
uber-geek
Picture of rwdflynavy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
crew members writing anonymously

(chuckle)

Right. Anonymous.

quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I think a lot of this is sequestration coming home to roost. The military has been forced to do at least as much, if not more, with less money. So corners are being cut. We're now seeing the effects.

There's no shortage of funds, we have enormous if not other-worldly defense budgets, and our Navy gets a ginormous piece of it. They have plenty of funds, and then some.

What there is is a lack of adequate and accurate prioritization, too much waste, and too little accountability, and thus the cycle infinitely repeats.

Cough (littoral ships), cough (never ending search for camo), cough (F35), ad nauseum. One million wasted means little, but it ads up, day after day after day.
Yeah, this simply isn't true. We've run our ships hard and put them away wet. Material condition has suffered as we've had to prioritize procurement over maintenance. The money is beginning to flow in again, but sequester had some significant impacts on material condition of our ships and aircraft that will take years (if not decades) to repair.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." ~George Mason

chartprepping.com Retirement Planning and Random Musings from a Military Perspective

Posts: 3391 | Location: Big Lick Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:

The Sea Witch, Capt. Holly Graf...the female version of Phillip Queeg, who after all the investigations, ended up receiving an honorable retirement.

Sea Witch. . . Big Grin

Yeah, that's her.

I personally knew two LtCols, both whom were lousy commanders. Both made Bird Colonel (O-6). Both became Vice Wing Commanders. Both were relieved of their duties due to a variety of criminal activities and general douchebaggery. I would bet that most people who spent over 10 yrs in the military know similar examples.

This level is FAR FAR removed from POTUS. I've seen both of these officers cited in discussions (not here, IIRC) on how 'obama was ruining the military and replacing officers with liberal lackeys.' This stuff is all on the service and the people in the chain of command that tolerate these douchebags.

Holly Graf and the crazy astronaut Lisa Caputo-Nowak https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Nowak - the two star members of my USNA Class of '85... Mad

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
My brother and his wife went in a cruise this summer, Scandinavia, North Sea, Ireland, etc.

One morning they looked out to see several US Navy ships steaming along in the area. The ships decided to show off or something, and passed along side the cruise shop, up one side, down the other, etc. No collisions, I hasten to add! Anyway, my brother, a regular Navy JO with years on a tin can in his day, was taken aback by the terrible appearance of the ships, rusty hulks. This was the George H. W. Bush carrier group, along with some NATO units.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JALLEN,

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:

Sea Witch. . . Big Grin

Yeah, that's her.

Holly Graf and the crazy astronaut Lisa Caputo-Nowak https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Nowak - the two star members of my USNA Class of '85... Mad

The coast guard has some of these POS commanders too, i was ona boat out of Gulfport and the e-9 OIC was an extreme bitch that accused myself and a BM1 of leading multiple mutinies against her. The most toxic environment i have EVER seen. The coast guard did nothing about it even after repeated complaints to flag level officers and command master chiefs.

Posts: 664 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Twas ever thus!
During my short but inglorious career as a SAC Security Policeman, I had several incidents involving "leaders" who were not. Quite a few SP officers at that time were non hackers who were washed out of flight operations due to incompetence.
I hope that has changed.
Example:
I spent a lot of time in a guard tower that monitored the nuke loaded B52s. This was called the Safe Ramp system. One night the duty officer climbed up to "inspect my post". He put his feet up on the alarm board and fell asleep. Ok, everyone has a bad night from time to time so I let him nap. But it began to happen often and everyone began to wonder why I was so popular with the DO. And the fact that I would have been court martialed for sleeping was pissing me off too. So I bided my time until our Wing Commander had duty in the alert facility and when the DO arrived for his nightly nap, I climbed down and went and got the Colonel. This was risky since I had left my post without being properly relieved. I told him what was going on and he climbed the tower. A few minutes later the DO came down the tower, got in his truck and left. I climbed up the tower and the Colonel asked me what I would do if he came up to the tower and took a nap. I said "nothing, you are the boss and can still run the operation when you are asleep". He said "Good answer"!
And my sleepy Duty Officer?
Reassigned to the Base Motor Pool.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16364 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post