SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do squirrels like Resses's Peanut Butter Cups?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do squirrels like Resses's Peanut Butter Cups? Login/Join 
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Either would be hilarious to watch- that sugar would be like crack I would think Big Grin
Some of them would probably attain the power of flight.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Ya6z-NlDo

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
Of those you listed I would think snickers and Reese's would be the top two.

But we would need video to confirm. Cool

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At Madison Square Park in NYC, there are some extremely overweight squirrels. My wife and I fed them M&M's.........regular and peanut......they really enjoyed them. Big Grin

Posts: 475 | Location: California | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Pop Rocks

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Unpackaged Peanut M&M’s and see if they reject any colors. I’m betting not.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure they would come for anything with peanuts. I don't know how they feel about sugar though, can't imagine they dislike it. They may even eat the wrapper if it smells enough like peanuts.

I put a 60/20/20 mix of corn, black sunflower seed and peanuts in the squirrel feeder. The squirrels ate through the 1" thick oak to get at the peanuts that were to big to fit through the feeder whole.

They got there fill and left the seeds and corn littering the base of the tree. The next day, when the nuts were all gone, they came back for the seeds. After 5 days there was no sign of any type of feed anywhere. They devoured it all and were lurking the branches and garden watching intently every time some one walked by the tree to see if they had another feast to exploit.

I couldn't believe it. It took me a good 3 hours to make the feeder and they tore it up for peanuts.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4792 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Around my yard, you would get bears. But I bet the squirrels would get there first.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
You have a trail cam?

If you do this we're gonna' need some pics! Big Grin

GGF

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only one choice for squirrels: gummy bears. OK, Jujyfruit if you want to go old school.

Posts: 996 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Paenut m&ms

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5967 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would think that Reese's cups would work. My wife use 1/8 teaspoon of peanut butter to live trap squirrels.

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I think they would love a Chick-o-Stick!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8669 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I suggested to the wife that for Halloween, we should fill the squirrel feeder err bird feeder with Reese's Cups and mini Milky Way bars and see how they like the change in diet.

You do that, you may look out and see me at your bird feeder.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
My parents cut the top off of a pumpkin and the squirrels go crazy getting in there and eating the seeds and the pumpkin. Then they add nuts or something. The furry friends love it

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10731 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Yeah, nothing like having a yard full of squirrels all jacked up on sugar!

Be sure to take pictures!

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Snickers

Posts: 1132 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pop rocks Big Grin

-TVz

Posts: 432 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Squirrels favorite treats are the trim on your house, the wiring on you cars and house., baby birds, your bird food and the cloth on your lawn furniture.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I imagine it would take them about an hour and a half to go through one box.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54706 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Reeses's Pieces should fit in their little cheeks.

Posts: 1577 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post