SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SigForum Wisdom.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SigForum Wisdom. Login/Join 
No Compromise
posted
What wisdom have you come upon on SigForum before you heard it anywhere else? Mine is:

Be polite, be professional, but always have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Share your SigForum enlightenment so that we may all bask in the warmth of your wisdom!

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
“I think the bottom line in my experience is don’t pick the best round by what the best round to miss with is.”
jljones

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Flork's lube recommendations and forum comments

Posts: 4057 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Our sage JAllen wrote "Nothing beats knowing what you're doing".

Of course we all "know" this on some level, but his statement and stories of his experiences brought it to a whole new and better level for me.

I've strived to be the very best at what I do, to an even higher level, and be the very best go-to guy in my field, and I learned it's best to not try some things myself , and to defer to and hire the very best someone who can do it perfectly right the first time, no mistakes.

Posts: 11983 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
It's important to know when to get out of Dodge.

It's even more important to know HOW to get out of Dodge.

Posts: 2844 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When it comes to ammo:

Shoot 100, buy 200.

Big Grin

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
two is one, one is none.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Early is on time, on time is late and late is inexcusable.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Don't post drunk.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8544 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I learned the skill of trigger control from a couple of our more popular members. Revolutionized my shooting skills, I tell you!

Also, pause and think hard before you refinish that old gun. The character of a worn finish is very cool.

Oh yea, don't sell any guns!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10532 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buy both of them...

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Any weapon that you have to lube up like a Saigon whore to function properly is seriously flawed.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34393 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Stack it (ammo, mags, etc) deep when it's cheap ~Para

Nothing beats knowing what you're doing ~JAllen

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23655 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
"A goal without a deadline is merely a daydream."

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4837 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Too much to recount, but the collective comments from both lbj as well as 2000Z-71.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Vote for Donald Trump.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Clean your rifle.

Posts: 3678 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
From a signature line around the time I joined:

"You will not rise to the occasion. You will default to your level of training."

Posts: 18351 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Sorry dog, whoops, cat that won't wag his own tail.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I should include my favorite Para quote:

"No polishing your apple while on SigForum"

Still cracks me up today.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post