SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    iPhone 7 microphone problems Edit: problem solved
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhone 7 microphone problems Edit: problem solved Login/Join 
Picture of Suppressed
posted
I bought an iPhone 7 plus a few weeks ago and have had problems with the microphone cutting out during phone calls. If I turn the speakerphone on and then off, the microphone will work again. This problem occurs about every three calls. I called Apple and the tech told me to reset the network settings but it didn't help. Then, I took it to an Apple store and the tech ran a diagnostic on the phone and all of the hardware passed his tests. The phone is on the Verizon network.

Does anyone here have a solution to this problem?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Suppressed,

Posts: 3247 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the iphone 7 and verizon. I don't know if this is your problem, BUT if I cradle the phone between my head and shoulder (without using my hands) it does what you describe, the other caller can hardly hear me .

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Go to Verizon and ask them to check if all the network settings are all set.
I just went thru that with mine over the weekend.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4600 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
Go to Verizon and ask them to check if all the network settings are all set.
I just went thru that with mine over the weekend.

Bob

I will try that next. I just got off an online chat with Apple. They told me to do a software update through iTunes while the phone is in recovery mode. I hope it is fixed.

Posts: 3247 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
I have a tendency to hit the mute button with my cheek if I hold the phone too flat- could this be your issue? Putting it to speaker and back may turn off the mute button.

Just a thought.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MooneyP226:
I have a tendency to hit the mute button with my cheek if I hold the phone too flat- could this be your issue? Putting it to speaker and back may turn off the mute button.

Just a thought.

this. When you tilt the phone enough the screen comes on and you can inadvertently activate the mute button.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I'm definitely not hitting the mute button. I've checked it several times. Thanks for the suggestion!

Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
The problem was the Pelican Marine case. Although it is a very nice case, it was interfering with the phone's noise canceling function and caused the microphone to turn off. I switched to a non-sealed case and the phone works fine.

posted Hide Post
FYI the lifeproof waterproof cases have some issue with this also.

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post