SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rain gutters. Anybody in the biz or had some put on recently?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rain gutters. Anybody in the biz or had some put on recently? Login/Join 
Picture of armme
posted
Got a quote for 36' of gutter with two 19' down spouts, just under 2k. I find that to be absolutely insane. Is it just me, or is that the going price now?

Posts: 258 | Location: NC | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Seems high.

I was quoted $1500 for (roughly) 120' with 6 downs. I thought that wasn't unreasonable.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is high. Get six inch gutters. They do not overflow in tropical downpours. Are they putting a leaf filter for that price? I assume they are doing aluminum gutters made on site.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of armme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
That is high. Get six inch gutters. They do not overflow in tropical downpours. Are they putting a leaf filter for that price? I assume they are doing aluminum gutters made on site.

It was for 6", .032", no filter (not needed, trees too far away). I assume made on site, as well. After I saw the quote I didn't ask any more questions.

Posts: 258 | Location: NC | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next quote to ask is how they will be anchored to the fascia board. The stronger the better. You want them to match as far as color is concerned.

Ask around your neighborhood for contractors and prices. Roofing companies know who is good.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In spring 2020. I got 2x 6" 40' with a downspout each for $400. I'm sure it went up, but damn.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of armme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
In spring 2020. I got 2x 6" 40' with a downspout each for $400. I'm sure it went up, but damn.

Yeah, this is more in line with what I had in my head when I started.

drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
What king of material are the gutters made from???? Copper?? Aluminum ??? Steel?? Any type of warranty on materials and or workmanship??? Seems over priced and possibly really does not want the job so gave a unwholy price trying to scare you off.. Try and get other estimates..... drill sgt.

Posts: 1999 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Three years ago I had the front with two down spouts with six inch gutters done. I stood around and helped the guy and it was $150.
Just to keep rainoff the entranceway. Same guy did the neighbors 2000sq Ft house with four down spouts for $1500. Took him less than a day.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11269 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
At 1st I thought it was very high bid than it hit me with 2 19' down spouts it sounds like a two story house. If that is the case I would expect higher price than a one story house.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Timely thread for me, as I've been needing to put new gutter system on my home. Thanks!

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two weeks ago. About 75 feet of gutters with leaf filters and downspouts.
1600 dollars. Had heavy rain all day last Saturday, they were great.
couldn't be more pleased because I'll never get on my roof again. Big Grin

Posts: 952 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't consider the companies that advertise on TV and print, contact a local gutter installer and he'll put some guards on and you'll be good. I just had 45' of guard put on for $390.00 and he used a good guard. My quote from Leaf Filter was $1,700.00

Posts: 931 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I recently got a quote for seamless aluminum on both sides of my 40 x 40 pole barn with 2 down spouts. $950

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
Just had new 6" seamless aluminum gutters installed last week. It was 265 feet with 12 downspouts for $3600.

Posts: 1456 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of armme
posted Hide Post
If anyone is curious about this, it looks like about $900 is about the going rate for this length, in the sandhills, anyway. With a bit of conversation and back and forth and a discount or two with two installers, ended up about $750.

Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
I've found overcharging to be a common strategy for even so-called legitimate home repair businesses. They quote about 3x what the job should be because they've learned they'll still get the job about a third of the time. There are enough people who are trusting, stupid, lazy, uninformed, in a bind, or just want it done to make a good living off of.

Not going to be me, though.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Had some installed a week ago actually…..Leaf Guard quoted me 9740 bucks….told him to fuck right off!
Local guy did the job with the same type of guards for 2000……I know I could have gotten all the materials for around a grand but didn’t feel like screwing with it myself … im very happy with it

Posts: 3118 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post