SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sad day...(canine)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sad day...(canine) Login/Join 
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Remember max as the loyal faithful friend he was to you. Our deceased bud, Wendy, Macie, Gretchen, and jacks will keep max company while they play and wait
in the meadow before we join them to cross the rainbow bridge together.

Posts: 3824 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
You have my sincere condolences. Losing family is never easy.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15833 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Just never easy my condolences on the loss of your hunting buddy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4889 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
A handsome boy...so sorry for your loss.

Posts: 746 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lost my TBird in October. First time in my 64 years I’ve not had a dog. A dog’s love is perfect. It doesn’t judge you or care if you’re rich, poor, ugly, pretty, dirty, stinky. Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 67 | Registered: April 28, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss. Frown
Three of our dogs passed away last year. The world is not the same without them.

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1549 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pace40:
Thank you all so much for your compassion. After spending last night and waking up this morning alone, one thing is clear; I don't do well without a dog. So much of my routine was centered around him, I found myself wandering around the house thinking I forgot something. This needs to be corrected quickly or I will be batshit crazy in no time.

I know how you feel. We lost our Cheyenne last fall after 17 years and it was pretty hard on the whole family. I took it way worse than I thought I would. We walked every day and I hated doing it alone.

About a month after she died, I stopped by the animal shelter and asked about puppies. They had just had a litter dropped off, so I went home, got the family, and we went back and picked out Moose.

He's not a replacement...he has a very different personality and mannerisms, but he's a great pup and has established himself as part of the family.

Don't be afraid to go find a new buddy. It's not that you'll forget about Max, or ever replace him, but some people just need a dog.

Posts: 9247 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
So sorry.

Posts: 2846 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
sorry to hear that

Bandit and I send our condolences

Posts: 53849 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2166 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry about your friend.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Condolences on your loss. He looks like a good boy.

Posts: 6084 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post