SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amsterdam in August, Car Rental Question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amsterdam in August, Car Rental Question Login/Join 
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Been pulled over in Germany a few times and regularly stay with a cop buddy there. My plain old AZ DL has always sufficed.

Posts: 3548 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Been pulled over in Germany a few times and regularly stay with a cop buddy there. My plain old AZ DL has always sufficed.

I would venture to say most Northern European counties have no issue with english language DLs.

Considering the OP is going to spend several thousand dollars on this trip, spending $20-25 for a IDP, is more peace of mind.

Posts: 14672 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
When I was stationed in Germany in the mid-70's I visited Amsterdam a few times. I never rented a car. I mostly walked around and window shopped. Beautiful place.
Big Grin

Posts: 531 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post