SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Buried a good friend and a virtual family member this week.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buried a good friend and a virtual family member this week. Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
https://www.texarkanafuneralho...ituary/jerry-balmain

https://www.texarkanagazette.c.../james-wills-418410/

Jerry worked in my shop at the depot for several years before retiring. Good guy. I have been to his house a few times to help him with projects. His view of the US was Texas, and then Not Texas. Big Willie Nelson fan. All around good guy.

James Earl had been around all my life, literally. He worked off and on for dad from the time he was 14. I grew up knowing him as Big Brother. My kids called him Uncle James. We celebrated several Juneteenth holidays at him and his family. Even after Dad died he kept a check on my mother. Way too much to go into here. Suffice it to say, we were like family.

Gonna miss them both.

Posts: 6344 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I’m very sorry for your loss. It sounds as though they were good men. I will be keeping you close in my thoughts. I know how hard it can be to write these losses down and put them out for the world to see.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5490 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Sorry about your family friends Hudr.
Guys like them impact the lives of others, like yours. And their impact is handed down to future generations. When we recognize the good that others do. We emulate it in or own actions and values. And that is how their legacy continues to live on.
I am sure you will carry on their impact on your life and pass it on. As it should be.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19674 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post