SIGforum
Annual OctoberFest thread

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/6050079034

September 27, 2017, 07:02 PM
GrumpyBiker
Annual OctoberFest thread
I received my delivery today.
Sadly I've had to cut back on my annual order.
I still have 4 cases from last years order.
While some of that is due to cutting back during knee surgery recovery, its also due to my love of other beers (and getting older).
I'll be ordering a few cases of Winter Lager (if this years is good) and I desperately want at least 3 cases of Shiners Holiday Cheer !!
So many beers, so little time!

I have a new neighbor across the street...
He has officially been introduced to the OctoberFest Season !

Left overs on top of the stack

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

September 27, 2017, 07:12 PM
P-220
I enjoy this thread every year. I can remember 3 years. How many years have you posted this thread?

Enjoy!!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve
September 27, 2017, 07:13 PM
Snake207
I have to say, I look forward to this thread every year. Big Grin

September 27, 2017, 07:14 PM
GrumpyBiker
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
I enjoy this thread every year. I can remember 3 years. How many years have you posted this thread?

Enjoy!!!!

Not sure. I've been ordering/ stockpiling it for the past 10 years now.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

September 27, 2017, 07:24 PM
tatortodd
Now, it feels like Oktoberfest season is actually here. I enjoy the OP's Oktoberfest hording picture almost as much as I enjoy my Oktoberfest hording and consuming.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
September 27, 2017, 07:43 PM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I enjoy the OP's Oktoberfest hording picture almost as much as I enjoy my Oktoberfest hording and consuming.

Word.
September 27, 2017, 10:22 PM
DoveEgg
this is my favorite thread every year. Prost!!
September 28, 2017, 12:52 AM
barndg00
Have you tried the Yuengling Octoberfest? This is the first year I've seen it (Total Wine), and I prefer it to the Sam Adams, though they are both excellent. Sierra Nevada's is also really good. I've tried 6 different Octoberfests thus far this year, keep stacking new six packs to try (Mostly the German ones that I can get).
September 28, 2017, 03:29 AM
lastmanstanding
We go to Oktoberfest at Schells brewery in New Ulm every year. They brew a Oktoberfest beer just for that day to be served at the brewery only it is not distributed like their other beers. excellent stuff.

Of course when you start your day with a bunch of Germans myself included at a ceremonial keg tapping at 11am it pretty much dictates how the rest of your day is going to be.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton
September 28, 2017, 05:04 AM
festus haggen
Do you order a pallet and have it delivered, or go to the store and pick it up? With my back and knees, it would take me a month to get it home.

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.
September 28, 2017, 06:39 AM
RogueJSK
Here's what I have in my beer fridge.

My stockpile's much smaller than Grumpybiker's, at only about 8 cases, and not as attractively displayed. (It's shoved in a corner of the laundry room.)

I like variety, but half my stockpile is just Ayinger and Mother's alone, my two favorites.

quote:
Sierra Nevada's is also really good.

This year's Sierra Nevada isn't as good as some of the past years, but still pretty tasty. SN changes their Octoberfest every year, and partners with a different German brewery, so each year's offering is different.
September 28, 2017, 07:00 AM
Kovalsky
Hahahah

this is hilarious

To Octoberfest! Cheers!

Hopefully, next year I will post an actual photo from Munich here Smile

Tech lover and geek that loves to play with good software https://softorino.com/waltr
September 28, 2017, 07:02 AM
daikyu
I enjoy the Marzen style of beer. We don't have a great selection in Central PA.

I did try the HB Oktoberfest which was OK, and the Spaten Oktoberfest which I really liked.

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Here's what I have in my beer fridge.

My stockpile's much smaller than Grumpybiker's, at only about 8 cases, and not as attractively displayed. (It's shoved in a corner of the laundry room.)

I like variety, but half my stockpile is just Ayinger and Mother's alone, my two favorites.

quote:
Sierra Nevada's is also really good.

This year's Sierra Nevada isn't as good as some of the past years, but still pretty tasty. SN changes their Octoberfest every year, and partners with a different German brewery, so each year's offering is different.

September 28, 2017, 08:27 AM
slyguy
Rogue - That Spaten on tap is excellent!

Cheers~
September 28, 2017, 08:44 AM
Leemur
Spaten quality has gone down in the last few years (brewed in Texas now for Norh American market I think) while Sam Adams has actually improved IMO. There's a brewery near here in Afton called Blue Mountain that makes an incredible Octoberfest and the local Three Notch'd micro makes a killer imperial version.
September 28, 2017, 09:39 AM
LtJL
my favorite part of Oktoberfest is waitresses with bodacious tatas bring the trays of beers.
September 28, 2017, 09:39 AM
Woodman
If the Cabin Pack comes out this year, I'll be buying one. The only place to get their Scottish Ale.
September 28, 2017, 10:07 AM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Spaten quality has gone down in the last few years

I agree with that. Their Oktoberfest was one of my favorites a few years ago, but it's been a bit lackluster for the last couple years. Or maybe it's that the number of other, better Octoberfests has increased.

It doesn't help that Spaten comes in green bottles, so they're more susceptible to getting skunked. (I don't understand why any brewery would still use green or clear bottles.)

quote:
(brewed in Texas now for Norh American market I think)

Nope. Still brewed by Spaten-Franziskaner-Bräu in Munich and imported.
September 28, 2017, 12:21 PM
Krazeehorse
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
my favorite part of Oktoberfest is waitresses with bodacious tatas bring the trays of beers.

Headed to Daytona for Biketoberfest in a few weeks where the tatas are in abundance.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.
September 28, 2017, 12:27 PM
Leemur
Well shit. I can't remember where I heard the Texas rumor but even more disturbing is the fact that ABinBev owns Spaten. Mad