SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My daughter's high-school teacher murdered someone last night
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My daughter's high-school teacher murdered someone last night Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
She was my daughter's health teacher. Very sad. And tragic.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46...irlfriend-in-midvale

quote:
Scott G Winterton, KSL
High school teacher accused of shooting, killing ex-husband's girlfriend in Midvale

MIDVALE — Police have arrested a woman who they say shot and killed her ex-husband's girlfriend while delivering medicine to her young children.

Police say both children witnessed the killing and the chaos.

Chelsea Watrous Cook, 32, of Herriman, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail Sunday for investigation of aggravated murder in the death of Lisa Vilate Williams, 26.

Cook is a health and yoga teacher at Skyridge High School in Lehi, according to the school's website and Cook's Facebook page. By midmorning Monday, Cook's profile had been removed from the high school's website. A spokesman for the Alpine School District said Cook was immediately fired.

The tragic incident unfolded just before 7 p.m. Sunday when Cook went to an apartment at 7690 S. Center Square to drop off cold medicine to one of her children. Cook went into the apartment while her ex-husband was in the parking lot.

"(Cook) was told to leave the apartment, but she refused to listen. (She) remained unlawfully inside of the apartment during this time. (She) then locked herself in the bathroom while (she) was on the phone with the 911 operator," a Salt Lake County Jail report states.

Cook then came out of the bathroom, walked to her coat, grabbed a handgun and fired three to five rounds at Williams, according to the report.

Police respond to shooting in Midvale; 1 person reported dead
Unified police responded to a shooting in Midvale Sunday.
The ex-husband, who had by that point come back into the apartment, grabbed the gun from Cook and attempted to give first aid to his girlfriend, police say.

"(Cook) then walked over to their children and sat on the recliner chair," the report states.

When Cook got up to get her coat and leave, her ex-husband pinned her against a wall until officers arrived.

Williams was shot at least twice in the torso, according to police. She died from her injuries at a local hospital a short time later.

The couple's twins, both 3, were "present during the entire ordeal," the report states.

Chelsea Watrous Cook (Photo: Salt Lake County Jail)
Unified police originally responded to the scene to investigate, but due to a "conflict of interest," Salt Lake police were called to take over the investigation. One of the people involved in the incident is related to a Unified police employee, investigators confirmed.

According to court records, Cook was charged with assault and two counts of domestic violence in the presence of children, all misdemeanors, last month for an incident on Oct. 16. According to Herriman police, she caused minor injuries to an adult male at her apartment. The man, who police did not identify, did not require treatment at a hospital, according to police. Her next court date in that case is scheduled for Dec. 18.

Cook worked for the Alpine School District for four years, first with Lehi High, then with Skyridge High when it opened in 2016, according to the district.

"We’re obviously devastated by the news we heard this morning. Our thoughts are with all those who have been impacted by this situation,” said district spokesman David Stephenson, who called the incident a "horrific situation."

Counselors were at the school Monday for any students or faculty members who needed them.

Skyridge Principal Joel Perkins sent a letter to all parents Monday, encouraging them to read it to their children immediately. In a second letter Monday afternoon, Perkins addressed concerned parents who wondered why no action was taken after Cook's Oct. 16 arrest.

"We were unaware of any previous charges as we have not been notified through the established process," the second letter says.

"This type of news is hard to comprehend and we want you to know that teachers, counselors and your parents can help provide support in this difficult time," the first letter says.

The letter also attempts to discourage parents and students from speaking to the media about their opinions or thoughts.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Fired?
So much for due process.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Fired?
So much for due process.

Does not apply to employee/r relationship. Many states are at will employment and you can be fired because you boss is pissed off that it is raining that day.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Obviously those domestic violence laws protected everyone.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And sorry, she just looks like she's batshit crazy.

Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Fired?
So much for due process.

Does not apply to employee/r relationship. Many states are at will employment and you can be fired because you boss is pissed off that it is raining that day.

Actually, not in the case of most public employees.

See Cleveland Bd. of Educ. v. Loudermill, 470 U.S. 532 (U.S. 1985)

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Yup. There's a whole lot of nothing behind those eyeballs.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
She was my daughter's health teacher. Very sad. And tragic.

I saw this earlier on KSL.com. How's your daughter taking the news?

My son and daughter had a former HS teacher and track coach in our area who made inappropriate comments to female athlete/students. I've run into him at social events. It's a bit odd.

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

EXACTLY what I thought when I saw her pic.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Indeed, but maybe she will position her defense as one of 'temporary insanity', as she looks quite 'normal' in what was probably happier times when the photo was taken as shown in this article.

Posts: 3466 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
The letter also attempts to discourage parents and students from speaking to the media about their opinions or thoughts.

i might have an opinion or two lol if my kid went to school there

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Sorry about your daughters situation man. I can’t comprehend how tough the angles you need to work to help her threw this.

But I got to wonder here....a person with 1 aggregated assault and 2 counts of DV and you keep your LTC?

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
According to the article both of the twin children were 3yo.. Both of them.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:

She clearly was at the this went went down. I can’t imagine putting one’s young children through that. Nevermind thinking for a picosecond about how this will workout for oneself...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: slosig,

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:

I thought they looked empty.

(With a touch of batshit around the edges)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shiftyvtec:
According to the article both of the twin children were 3yo.. Both of them.

Big Grin

That looks like something my old hometown paper would publish. Geeze.... Roll Eyes

God bless America.

Posts: 13426 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, she got divorced and is probably getting ridden hard and dropped like a hot rock by all the 21 year olds interested in her until they see she's a loon...

I've seen and been with the divorced mid-30s crowd, the large majority of the women are bordering on insane from the emotional drama of divorcing, not seeing their kids, etc, etc.

They try to play all loose and cool, but that wears off in anywhere from 30 min to 7 days. But it always wears off and it ain't pretty when it does.

posted Hide Post
My father, a man of few words, once offered me this relationship advice:
"Never lay down with anyone crazier than you are".
Thanks, Dad!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Assault and two counts of domestic violence?!? Sounds like Murder 2 from the description.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Assault and two counts of domestic violence?!? Sounds like Murder 2 from the description.

Those were her priors!

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post