SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ah, The NFL...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ah, The NFL... Login/Join 
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Official attendance ws 77,562.

I guess they were all in line at the head.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Obviously, the teams are counting the season ticket holders as # in attendance. It’ll be interesting to see how next season’s ticket sales go, as that’ll be the real indicator of popularity. Roll Eyes

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Obviously, the teams are counting the season ticket holders as # in attendance. It’ll be interesting to see how next season’s ticket sales go, as that’ll be the real indicator of popularity. Roll Eyes

They know. They have to know. You can't sell 50-60% less food and alcohol and not have someone knocking down the door of your management looking for answers. You buy 100,000 hot dogs and all of a sudden you're only selling 30k?

They know.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:

They know. They have to know. You can't sell 50-60% less food and alcohol and not have someone knocking down the door of your management looking for answers. You buy 100,000 hot dogs and all of a sudden you're only selling 30k?

They know.
Yet Roger Goodell still has a job, and is negotiating for an even bigger contract extension. I have no idea what they're waiting for, but the team owners are doing nothing to address the issues that are smacking them in the check book, nor are they moving to change NFL leadership at the top. If they're just trying to wait this out, it isn't working.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Denver/Miami game Razz

At least one Twitter user was saying that seats for the Dolphins were selling for an unheard of $19 a piece:

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
At least one Twitter user was saying that seats for the Dolphins were selling for an unheard of $19 a piece:
Will they unbolt the seats for you, or do you need to bring your own tools to their going out of business sale?

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Wait until they pull a Jeb Bush and start paying people to fill the seats. My guess is next October. In November they will add two free hotdogs. Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
As with any business, as soon as you see "Kids Eat Free", you know the countdown has started.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this some more of the winning thing?? I believe that it is!!

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
still haven't seen a game this year, are they still kneeing?

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Denver/Miami game Razz

"...and you'd be overcharged at half that price."

That's not my line. Came from the movie "The Best Years of Our Lives".

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just can't wait for this next CBA and the player strike that will likely result.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
The owners offered to donate $90 MILLION to "social justice" causes if the players would just stop kneeling during the anthem. And the players turned it down. Hahahaha. Take that, you pussies!

http://www.americanthinker.com...acularly_fails_.html

The mistake was offering to donate it to social justice causes-- which the players don't give a shit about, really-- rather than, say, holding a "Stand Up Lottery."

Their contracts are signed, they are getting paid, they don't care about empty seats. They love the fantasy that they are heroes in a war against racism.

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
bless their hearts Big Grin

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
You can buy tickets for an NFL game for-- wait for it-- under $5.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/...-under-five-dollars/

Closing in fast on owners offering to pay anyone who will occupy a seat-- called the "the Jeb Bush deal." Big Grin

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I remember going to Charger games in the mid-70's with ~15,000 in the stands and all of them booing. Sit anywhere you wanted.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Football is over. Better watch it while you can! I was told by a few doctors that a 6 year study on head trauma injuries on the various youth sports will be released in the new few years. I'm told the data is not looking good for football.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Football is over. Better watch it while you can! I was told by a few doctors that a 6 year study on head trauma injuries on the various youth sports will be released in the new few years. I'm told the data is not looking good for football.

Sports come ... and sports go. Look at lawn darts.

They can take my ping-pong paddle from my cold fingers, though!

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
The owners offered to donate $90 MILLION to "social justice" causes if the players would just stop kneeling during the anthem. And the players turned it down. Hahahaha. Take that, you pussies!...

Their contracts are signed, they are getting paid, they don't care about empty seats. They love the fantasy that they are heroes in a war against racism.

In public education in CA, much of private education here, "social justice" is a synonym for "hate America".

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
But the NFL is too big to fail, right?

Isn't it interesting to see the results of biting the hand that feeds you?

Ha ha!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post