SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Need A Maintenance Job Done In Apopka FL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Need A Maintenance Job Done In Apopka FL Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
I need somebody to take a look at the big hangar door. This door is approximately 40' wide, 20' high, heavy, at least several hundred pounds, maybe pushing a ton, I don't know.

The door is hinged at the top and operated by a couple of hydraulic rams, once on each side.

The hydraulic system is probably OK, but there seems to be a problem with the hinges and the pins that the hydraulic rams attach to.

Some vibration, etc.

We have not been able to find anybody who is both a) capable of dealing with this and b) can keep an appointment.

Do any of y'all have a guy who knows a guy?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30741 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
You have a local division/franchise of "Overhead Door Company". Around here they do a lot of work out at McConnell AFB with spec'ing, installing and maintaining hanger doors.

Googled "Overhead Door Company" turned up several in FL but I don't know how close they are to you.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3768 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Sailor. I lease the hangar. I sent the link to the web page for the local branch (franchise?) of Overhead Door Company, to the hangar owner, who is just as frustrated as I am, trying to get the door problems solved.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30741 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
would hangar blueprints at county office show original door supplier name?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5078 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
would hangar blueprints at county office show original door supplier name?
The owner knows who the original installer was for the door, but they are just a shell company, using subcontractors for each job. They are among the ones who have come out and looked at the door and either a) did not solve the problem, or b) said that they would send a technician (subcontractor), who never showed. They are totally useless. Or worse.

We really need to find somebody competent, and start fresh.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
Hello V-tail,

Don’t know if you have contacted these people for the kind of help you need or not - Ken’s Equipment Repair, 407-889-3112, Orlando. They do have a website.

I used to work with a similar kind of business in Pennsylvania. This Company is the type that works on a wide variety of jobs, machines and problems. I used to tell friends that the local farmers and contractors figured out how to break it and we figured out how to fix it. Never a dull day.

I found Ken’s on the web, so I know nothing more about them than what I read there. I do think they, or one of their competitors, could help you out. They might also have some suggestions on preventing further problems.

As far as the door problem, it sounds like some shortage of grease and/or maintenance is part of the issue. A man lift will be required to look at the problem, something heavier (truck crane?) might be needed to make repairs. Were I in the area I would be happy to look and advise, but unfortunately I’m in PA.

Posts: 2134 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post