SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Upcoming garage sale quandry
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upcoming garage sale quandry Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What is it ?
It's a hover craft for you pet
Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55165 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Donate.

That's what I've always told myself after wasting several days organizing and operating a few of my own.
I sell the idea to myself by rationalizing the plusses but if I was really thinking clearly, donating would have been a more productive use of my time.

Posts: 9790 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Parking a couple push mowers out front for sale will bring more people in to your yardsale than all the signs in the world.

You should have no problem at all getting $25 for each of them. My dad had an old lawn boy out at one of my last yard sales. It didn't work 100% correctly, but he had it out there for $175 and it sold for $150. He probably could have gotten the full price or more if he priced it higher and waited on it.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3570 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post