SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone ever do rinseless wash of their vehicle??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Anyone ever do rinseless wash of their vehicle?? Login/Join 
Member
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
I think there are a couple self serve car washes nearby too and it seems from reading online comments a lot like to go to them in the winter to remove the heavy stuff and then drive home to finish with a rinseless wash in the driveway or garage depending on how bad the weather is. Some even pre spray their vehicle with the rinseless wash solution just before driving to the self service wash or when they get there.
The car wash first in winter would be much better. I think of my Alaska days driving home from work with snow/ice all over my truck, using nearest touchless carwash to my house, and driving home the 1 mile. Looking at it in the garage there would be a film that in hindsight would have been perfect to get off with rinseless.

As far as using as a prewash, N914 works very well in this role. For example, I want to minimize my time in the sun in the summer when the heat index is 108, but I think my truck is too dirty for regular rinseless wash technique. I spray on the N914 while still in the garage (i.e. this is replacing the foam cannon step usually done in hot sun), back out into the driveway, use pressure washer to rinse off, and then hand wash with regular car shampoo.


Thanks for that info as that is great!

My driveway is exposed to the sun most of the day which means ideally I have to get up at the crack of dawn to wash the car or wait until about an hour before sundown which often means dealing with mosquitos too Mad .

With rinseless I will be able to wash the cars more often by doing it in garage whenever I want the rest of the year for a routine light duty wash (or even when dirty with the pre spray metod) too which is great.
 
Posts: 10190 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone ever do rinseless wash of their vehicle??

© SIGforum 2026