SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Standing Desk Suggestions?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Standing Desk Suggestions? Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
Working from home the last x2+ Years. I grabbed a gaming desk to set up a home office. But stand a lot while on calls and what not. I'm thinking of getting a standing desk. One of the motorized ones that goes up or down with some presets.

Anyone have any suggestions? The desk I have now is 32D x 63W. I'd like to have something with similar foot print as I have x2 monitor and one of them is HUGE 34" & other is a 22" I think. Plus monitors on the desk for music, spot for laptop, etc.

Thanks!!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
I bought a Fezibo off amazon at the beginning of the pandemic.

https://www.fezibo.com/collections/standing-desk#/

I was not fond of the fake wood top and needed a little more space so I picked up a butcher block countertop from Lowes. It mounted right to the Fezibo frame and the desk is even better now.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We have a few [manual rise/lower] that are made by Flexispot.
Doesn't look like Amazon carries that model anymore, but they do have an electric, but can't comment on those.

The Fezibo looks similar to the Flexispot units we have.

Edit: Ours are desktop units that sit on top of the desk, not a full desk replacement.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedprof:
I bought a Fezibo off amazon at the beginning of the pandemic.

https://www.fezibo.com/collections/standing-desk#/

I was not fond of the fake wood top and needed a little more space so I picked up a butcher block countertop from Lowes. It mounted right to the Fezibo frame and the desk is even better now.

My wife works from home, and we picked up a Fezibo motorized desk from Amazon about 6 months ago. I got it together fairly quickly, and she loves it. It's cheaply made for sure, but it works great for what she needs it for.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
UpLift is the Cadillac of standing desks. On certain sized desks they have an option to add a hammock underneath Big Grin My neighbor gave me an UpLift and it’s been great. Very sturdy and well built.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I use a Varidesk riser on my office desk. Lets you utilize the setup while either sitting or standing.

It's not motorized, but it requires minimal effort to raise and lower.

https://www.vari.com/varidesk-...erters/for-desktops/

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I bought an iMovr model, made in USA, and have been very happy with build quality and sturdiness. It was very easy to assemble, no tools required.

It wasn’t cheap but no regrets.

https://www.imovr.com/standing-desk-workstations.html

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12718 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnV:
UpLift is the Cadillac of standing desks. On certain sized desks they have an option to add a hammock underneath Big Grin My neighbor gave me an UpLift and it’s been great. Very sturdy and well built.

Gave you?! Jeez.. I need a neighbor like that. Just priced one out on their side and looks like with a coupon will be just under a grand. I figured it would be about that for the size I need.

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Got this one on Amazon as a short list as it would give me a place to put my speaker monitors up out of the way.

Linky to the desk thingy

But building out a 70" UpLift is about the same price with their $100 coupon on their website.

would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
I wanted to do this 40 yeas ago, never did... Frown

Posts: 2765 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Standing desk suggestion. Don’t do it! I am kidding. I could not utilize them very long at a time at my last two jobs. Played too much tennis & league softball over the younger days. My ankles and knees are now letting me know that they are not pleased with my youthful experiences.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post