SIGforum
Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/6020042274

June 17, 2021, 07:01 PM
stoic-one
Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15
A bit ago, Mark McCloskey was on with Greg Kelly and basically said they settled for the equivalent of a "parking ticket" to get the issue behind him.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/
June 17, 2021, 08:19 PM
stickman428
Mark has my vote. No, I don’t live there but hey the democrats taught us that doesn’t matter at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance
June 17, 2021, 08:54 PM
nhtagmember
I will vote for him

Twice.
June 17, 2021, 10:06 PM
LS1 GTO
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
A bit ago, Mark McCloskey was on with Greg Kelly and basically said they settled for the equivalent of a "parking ticket" to get the issue behind him.

But did they just lose those two guns or, lose the right to own guns in general?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

June 17, 2021, 11:06 PM
FiveFiveSixFan
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:

But did they just lose those two guns or, lose the right to own guns in general?

They just lost the two guns.
June 18, 2021, 06:40 AM
stickman428
That is bull shit. Defending your home against a mob results in the tyrants who rule over you making you take a plea deal and losing those guns.

What the fuck is happening in this country? Why do democrats have to act like nazis more and more every day? Maybe they are worse because they are successfully destroying this county. The jackboots failed at that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 18, 2021, 06:45 AM
Mars_Attacks
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Why do democrats have to act like nazis more and more every day?

More and more? Remember they sent hundreds of thousands to concentration camps not 70 years ago.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
June 18, 2021, 06:50 AM
stickman428
You don’t even have to look at the worst elements. Look at the targeting of businesses, the targeting of media outlets and their sponsors by thugs who cannot tolerate a different opinion. That level of intolerance is only growing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 18, 2021, 07:00 AM
RichardC
In every life we have some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy

June 18, 2021, 02:26 PM
PASig
This is all about tainting this guy’s Senate run, no doubt about it.

June 18, 2021, 03:16 PM
P220 Smudge
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
In every life we have some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy

We’re not gonna take it!
No, we ain’t gonna take it!
We’re not gonna take it anymore!

June 18, 2021, 04:47 PM
stickman428
PAsig, it certainly affords the media with a narrative they can run with.

** edit to add**

Just do a quick “news” search for Mark McCliskey and you can see the propagandists are already forming their narrative against him.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 21, 2021, 07:49 AM
sdy

June 21, 2021, 10:25 AM
stickman428
I gotta give credit where it is due. The guys style and taste in clothing is just amazing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 21, 2021, 12:25 PM
selogic
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
This is all about tainting this guy’s Senate run, no doubt about it.
Absolutely . And if he had fought the charges they would have kept him tied up in Court past the election .
June 21, 2021, 11:00 PM
Lefty Sig
What is the point of taking the guns away if they can just buy more?

Seems it's just another form of a fine, and maybe only about $1K for both guns. Good political campaign fodder - "They took our guns for defending our home from a mob without having to fire a shot! Without this publicity there would be no record of yet another of the millions of uses of firearms in self defense that do not result in shots fired."
June 22, 2021, 08:54 AM
gw3971
Plead guilty and then appeal it at the next level at a later date.
June 22, 2021, 09:06 AM
stickman428
The huge problem for Mark is people like you and I have access to the facts and reality of this case thanks to this forum and others like it BUT the average Joe who relies on the media for facts on this is only going to get fed bullshit propaganda by operatives that are all but paid democrat campaign allies to Marks opposition.

We do not have a free or fair media. The media has been placed almost completely into the Democrat camp and as such they will use that propaganda arm as much as possible to elect democrats.

Until the media gains a shred of decently and objectivity Republicans, Libertarians and anyone running for major office who isn’t a democrat is facing a hell of an uphill battle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 22, 2021, 10:41 AM
DaveL
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:

Usually you can't appeal if you plead guilty.
June 22, 2021, 12:00 PM
pulicords
quote:
Originally posted by DaveL:
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:

Usually you can't appeal if you plead guilty.

They probably waived their right to appeal as part of the plea deal. That said: If you know anything about the Innocence Project, you'd know that many of the "Coerced Confessions" they claim to have proven as "False" and led to exonerations of the accused didn't occur in an interrogation room. They occurred in a COURTROOM, in the presence of their attorney and a judge.

These defendants might very well have been acquitted, if they'd spent the money to fight the case. Unfortunately, spending the money to fight the case would have cost them a lot more in attorney fees and it's a possibility that they'd have been convicted. If they were, their attorney(s) wouldn't have done the time and been saddled with a felony conviction. That would be the fate of the accused.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."