SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone Have A NexGrill Fortress (Gas Grill)?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Have A NexGrill Fortress (Gas Grill)? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I had been planning on buying my neighbor a small grill as thanks for all the times he's helped me out with things around my house and was looking at maybe the Weber Q2200 or the STOK Gridiron, but saw these at Costco on Saturday and they looked very well built for $129 and come standard with a hose/regulator that hooks up to a 20 lb propane tank:

It looks almost like a Weber Q2200 clone, but has two burner loops, one on each side instead of one burner loop like the Weber has.

Does anyone have one of these? Just wondering how they were holding up and worth getting.

Thanks!

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of them. One big question I'd need answered is how easy will it be to get parts for it a few years down the line. If the burner rusts out, which I've seen happen on gas grills, will he be able to get a replacement. With Weber, the answer would be yes.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nexgrill is lower quality. Go with the weber!!!!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
It's plenty nice for a gift. I'd be excited to get one, even though I already have a nice grill.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Update:

I ended up buying him a Weber Q2000, saw it for $120 on a Facebook yard sale and got it for $90. Was used MAYBE twice, virtually brand new. Cleaned it up and also removed the regulator that ran off a 1 lb bottle and converted to a regulator hose that ran off a 20 lb tank. Gave him the grill, some tools like a new spatula and tongs and triangle grill brush along with a fresh 20 lb tank of propane and he was happy and grateful.

Like this one:

I may not need to mow my grass for a month or two now... Big Grin

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'm sure he'll be happy with that. You're a good guy for doing that for him.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post