SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Something to make you smile - Dog and horse playing together
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something to make you smile - Dog and horse playing together Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted
Looks like they well know how to play with each other.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/0q7hlkGUmcQ

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
...and it did the job!
Amazing how careful and gentle that horse is.

Posts: 741 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Do horses ever roll on their backs during play with other horses? I'm wondering if that was learned from the dog.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Do horses ever roll on their backs during play with other horses? I'm wondering if that was learned from the dog.

Good question. Fairly submissive and even dangerous behavior toward an animal they would typically consider a predator.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Oooh!!! I love a good dog and pony show!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

When one of our horses rolls on his back, the other stands guard.

Posts: 329 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Really???

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Me too. Big Grin

Posts: 22947 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Yesterday when my wife got home she found a tree had fallen on the fence of one of our paddocks. This allowed our largest pig out to play. We have 3 large hounds and yesterday the 4 of them were chasing and faux fighting. I'm guessing she learned it from watching the dogs do it.

She really perks up when she hears me start the 4 wheeler. I don't do it often but once a month or so I will open the gate to the paddock she is in and head down to the fields. She runs along (a bit more slowly) with the pups and while they sniff the pasture for anything that needs attention, she comes up to me and hangs out until it is time to go back.

She is an IPP. Friendliest hogs I've ever owned.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid we had a dog that would take apples to our horse. When the dog would drop the apple in front of the horse it would lay on its back and the horse would use its nose to rub the dogs belly. I always wondered how they figured out what the other one wanted.....

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Forty years ago, I saw the thing personally. My dad had an acquaintance with a horse and a Catahoula breed dog.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember something similar while on our travels, out west.

the pony was on one side of the fence and the dog was on the other.

it looked like the horse was trying to cut the dog , like it was a calf .

it was fun to watch

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54708 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
That really helped me today.
Thank you for posting it. Smile

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Indeed, very nice.
Thank you for sharing this.

Considering the intelligence and capacity for love, between the two, it seems a natural friendship.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Dog is also horse's best friend...

Really.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post