SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Peltor Tactical 500 Muffs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peltor Tactical 500 Muffs Login/Join 
Picture of Gambit
posted
I guess I'm doing this a bit bass-ackwards , but I've already ordered the 'Peltor Sport Electronic Hearing Protector'.
What will I like, or not ?
Thanks

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I am on the range a lot and I need to hear what my students are saying. I have two sets of Tactical Pro headsets, but mine do not have the Bluetooth. One set has the behind the neck brace and the other is over the top. One I have had about 10 years and it continues to give great service. The other is 4 years old and it works like new. I did just replace the disintegrating foam ear pads on the older one with the gel pads, which I like better.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
after about 12 yrs of shooting matches in the summer, and a couple hygiene kits,
you can bet on side may stop working,

other than that, which is likely more my fault than anything , I have been very pleased with Peltor products,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have read that the 500 is a little heavier than the 300. The Bluetooth might be nice for notifications and taking calls, but I'm not sure I care much about that on the range.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had my Peltor Tactical Pro muffs for a few years now, and could not be more pleased. All the rest of my muffs just stay in a box in the closet.

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
The current Peltor Tactical 300 and 500, are some of the best deals on electronic hearing protection available, as the prices have come down a lot since they were first introduced.

At $80 on Amazon, combined with the gel ear seals for $30, the 300s are probably the best "bang for your buck."

https://www.amazon.com/Peltor-...7ot3bPk6L&ref=plSrch

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Pelt...6C14SQNZ02R1DYA6Q21T

Also, they outperform the dramatically more expensive MSA Sordin sets the "Tactical Timmys" all swear they must have. Unless you have a need to wear a helmet, and communicate with a tactical team, you shouldn't be paying two times the cost (or more), for less effective hearing protection.

The MSA Sordins sacrifice noise reduction capability, to achieve a super low profile for use under helmets, while also packing in the wiring necessary for radio comms used by tactical teams. For those of us who don't wear a helmet and conduct radio comms on tactical ops, the Peltors are better, at a much lower cost.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They make a great product. I personally prefer a knob to adjust sound level but you can get used to either.

Posts: 3918 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post