SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Women's World Cup 2023
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women's World Cup 2023 Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted
I know some of you will want to bash in this thread. Please just move along and let those of us who enjoy the tournament enjoy it. Thanks!

USWNT play their first match Friday against Vietnam.

The rest of the world has really stepped up their level of play to even the competition like never before. Most countries now have pro leagues and are producing good players. It will be interesting how this new USA squad does.

I was bummed when Malorie Pugh Swanson got hurt as she was becoming the scoring machine for the USA.

It's never easy to repeat let alone three peat...

Go USA!!!

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3487 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I will be watching every game I can.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6318 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I don't have the same amount of interest I did a few years ago but I will be watching some of it.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Let the games begin

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3487 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they lose to the Netherlands and barely escape the group stage, then lose in semis.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
My stepdaughter and her husband are headed to Australia/New Zealand to watch the World Cup tomorrow. How they both wrangled a 30 day vacation is beyond me.

Posts: 4021 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Game 1 is in the books

3-0 win over Vietnam.

They are going to have to really pick up the level of play if they want to three peat.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
picture sharing

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Latest matches

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
We tied the Netherlands 1-1 tonight.

Came back from a 1-0 halftime score.

These are the two teams expected to come out of the group.

There was a stiff wind blowing and both teams scored with the wind advantage.

GO USA!!!

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
We tied the Netherlands 1-1 tonight.

I watch the beginning of this game and they showed the Netherlands national anthem and all members of the team were singing along. Then they went to commercial when the US national anthem would have been played. The commercial was a google sponsored diversity commercial. I’m told they would not have sung.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24137 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
"I’m told they would not have sung."

It is not "they". Some of the players face forward and sing the anthem. Some do not.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6318 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
0-0 vs Portugal. We advance but as the second seed.

They did not look good. Their aren't any big time players on the team like they used to have.

I have serious doubts that they will three-peat.

GO USA!!!

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:

Done. Eliminated by Sweden on PKs.

Posts: 4987 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well that didn’t take long. Some prior teammates were really blasting the work ethic of this team. Hopefully they take this and learn from it. Very lackluster performance all around.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Well, now they have plenty extra time to spend on their woke nonsense.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Go Sweden!

My grandfather thanks you.

0:01

Posts: 4213 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
And Crapinoe missed her penalty.... schadenfreude...

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:

Done. Eliminated by Sweden on PKs.

I can start paying attention now. Big Grin

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post