SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Minnesota Anti-Police Legislator Carjacked, Injured
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Minnesota Anti-Police Legislator Carjacked, Injured Login/Join 
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted
So NOW she likes the police and wants violent offenders caught and thrown in prison...

https://nypost.com/2023/09/07/...violent-carjacking/#

Anti-cop Minnesota Democratic Party official left bloodied in violent carjacking — now calls for tougher crime laws

New York Post
By Patrick Reilly
Published Sep. 7, 2023, 9:50 p.m. ET

A Minnesota Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party official who once vowed to “dismantle” the Minneapolis Police Department is now calling for tougher crime laws after she was beaten and bloodied in a carjacking outside her home this week.

Shivanthi Sathanandan, the second vice chairwoman for the DFL, shared news of her attack in a Wednesday Facebook post, where she fumed that the four young suspects need to be brought to justice.

“I have a broken leg, deep lacerations on my head, bruising, and cuts all over my body. And I have rage,” wrote Sathanandan, who said the beating occurred in front of her 4-year-old daughter and 7-year-old son around 7:45 p.m. Tuesday.

“These men knew what they were doing. I have NO DOUBT they have done this before. Yet they are still on OUR STREETS. Killing mothers. Giving babies psychological trauma that a lifetime of therapy cannot ease. With no hesitation and no remorse,” Sathanandan continued.

Included in the post was a selfie of Sathanandan, showing blood pouring down the right side of her face.

“I’m now part of the statistics. I wasn’t silent when I fought these men to save my life and my babies, and I won’t be silent now. We need to get illegal guns off of our streets, catch these young people who are running wild creating chaos across our city, and HOLD THEM IN CUSTODY AND PROSECUTE THEM,” she said.

“Look at my face. REMEMBER ME when you are thinking about supporting letting juveniles and young people out of custody to roam our streets instead of HOLDING THEM ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS.”

Minneapolis police confirmed the carjacking in Sathanandan’s Folwell neighborhood in a statement to KSTP. Her car was later recovered, but no suspects have been arrested.

Sathanandan thanked the “incredible” Minneapolis PD for assisting in the terrifying experience — a far cry from her attitude toward law enforcement three years ago, when she posted online that she and other activists were “going to dismantle the Minneapolis Police Department.”

“MPD has systematically failed the Black Community, they have failed ALL OF US. It’s time to build a new infrastructure that works for ALL communities. If you are still disagreeing with that BASIC FACT, I’m not sure what to say to you,” she said in the June 5, 2020, post — less than two weeks after George Floyd was killed by Minneapolis police.

In another post on June 2 of that year, she applauded the Minneapolis School Board’s decision to terminate its contract with the department: “MPD should have no place in our children’s schools,” she wrote.

Minnesota DFL Chairman Ken Martin told KSTP in a statement Thursday that he was “heartbroken at the news of Shivanthi’s attack.”

“It is my sincere hope that the people who assaulted Shivanthi are quickly brought to justice and face punishment commensurate with the severity of their crimes,” Martin said. “My heart goes out to Shivanthi and her family and I hope their recovery from such a horrifying experience is as swift as possible.”

The Post has reached out to Sathanandan for comment

Posts: 4505 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
That's terrible, I can only hope the little commie is sincere

Posts: 5350 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Lightbulb!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1963 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Anti-cop Minnesota Democratic Party official left bloodied in violent carjacking...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8952 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Gee, that’s shame

Broken leg huh?

That must be painful

Posts: 53232 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
No race given in her description of the attackers which tells me they're black but she doesn't want to admit it. If they were white, she sure as hell would make that obvious.

And what does she know about equality coming from a country that uses a caste system where you are judged for life?

She didn't fight them off, she laid there and took a beating while defenseless and helpless. She's lucky they didn't rape her and beat/kill her kids while they were at it. From the picture, it wasn't much of a beating and likely not enough of a beating to put some sense into her.

Yet she still wants to call the gun illegal.

If I'm a cop, I'm not responding to any calls for service for her house. An old lady with a flat tire needs to be changed out that takes priority over this America hating commie.

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Three words: FUCK.YOU.COMMIE.

Q

Posts: 26479 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
"...And I have rage,”
Do ya now.

Clueless twat. You walk around for years, running your stupid suck, making claims anyone with sense knows are horse shit, then reality comes and bonks you on the head, and you want sympathy? You're a waste of oxygen.

Posts: 107728 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
George Floyd will never forgive you lady!

Posts: 5769 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no sympathy for her and I doubt many do especially with her attitude towards cops.

Posts: 1631 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
For some time, the Minnesota Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party has been derisively called The Keith Ellison Cover Band by many state conservatives.

Posts: 4505 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
She knowingly damaged the public she is supposed to serve, all for her personal hatred of the police and her disgusting, self-centered virtue-signalling, and now all of a sudden it's "But it happened to MEEEEEEE!!!"

Not only do I not feel sorry for her, I am GLAD it happened to her.

Posts: 107728 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
She epitomizes the saying that 'a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged by reality'.

Welcome to reality!

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6424 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
And just like that, she's a far right-wing racist.
Or
"Welcome to the party, Pal!", you dimwit.

Posts: 7375 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Ain't Karma great? Big Grin

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1868 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if she isn't also an attention whore and perhaps this whole carjacking business is a lot less than she represents. I say that as I can't help but wonder about the blood on her face looking awful watery fake.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16255 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I'm wondering if she isn't also an attention whore and perhaps this whole carjacking business is a lot less than she represents. I say that as I can't help but wonder about the blood on her face looking awful watery fake.

And who allows blood to run down their face without applying pressure, or even touching it & getting it smeared?

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I think portions of her story are fake and in particular the blood.

A couple of weeks ago I picked up my elderly neighbor who fell and there was blood everywhere. It was thick, dark and pooled up. It was running down his head, around his ear and onto his face, neck and collar. Her blood looked nothing like his.

Unless there's medical proof of a currently broken leg, I'm calling a Jussie on this. That looks like cheap Halloween blood and not even good theater blood. The spatters, how it ran and everything else make me think that the photo of her was staged.

Now if it's real, good. I hope it hurts.

Posts: 4086 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I don't believe for a minute that the selfie in the NY Post article is from the aftermath of the attack.
She claims to have gotten a broken leg as well.
I doubt she would be calmly taking a selfie under those circumstances.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
I think portions of her story are fake and in particular the blood.

A couple of weeks ago I picked up my elderly neighbor who fell and there was blood everywhere. It was thick, dark and pooled up. It was running down his head, around his ear and onto his face, neck and collar. Her blood looked nothing like his.

Maybe it was mixed w/ her liberal tears. I hear they make a great lubricant and thinner. Wink

Posts: 7375 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post