SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wrong Gun Or Magazine?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wrong Gun Or Magazine? Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
I went shooting this morning and decided to take along a Sig. I had a number of 228/229 magazines loaded and decided on the 228. The 229 was first on the rack and I went past it for the 228.

After shooting my Gold Cup, I reached into the other case and pulled out my P6. I thought I checked the mag well to make sure which Sig I had, but I didn't do a very good job.

The good side is I don't have a 9mm to clean, just the .45 and Ruger Mark II. Also, I didn't fire any 9mm ammunition.

I don't think I have ever made that mistake before.

Posts: 5627 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Ha, that sucks!

I once drove 100 miles to the long range rifle range, got all set up, and then realized that all of the bolts for all five rifles were still home in the safe.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8221 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It happens, I once worked most of a shift with a completely empty pistol. What’s worse is that I left my magazine by the clearing barrel but luckily I was able to get ahold of the arms room guy who secured it for me

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I once got to a service rifle match and found I had left my M14 mags at home.

Some guys loaned me an extra few, but I felt very foolish.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11295 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I got to the range once with an H&K P30L and a sack full of loaded P226 mags. Both metal 15-round 9mm mags, but no workey.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
If you want to feel really dumb go to an USPSA/IPSC match with everything except your gun.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5966 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ouch. saved you some ammo i guess : )

i leave one mag for all guns in my range bag for this reason

(well not EVERY one ... but the one's i shoot 90% of the time)

--------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Ha, that sucks!

I once drove 100 miles to the long range rifle range, got all set up, and then realized that all of the bolts for all five rifles were still home in the safe.

DANG!, It can't be me, I'll be mad with myslef

Posts: 22 | Registered: September 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Been there, done that! Big Grin

Now everything has a mag in it so I'll have at least one mag at the range should I brain fart again. Wink

Posts: 12543 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Yeah, I once got to a service rifle match and found I had left my M14 mags at home.

Some guys loaned me an extra few, but I felt very foolish.

I've done that with an AR,,

gun, check
matte, check
stool, check
spotting scope, check
bag with mags and match ammo, nope,, left it beside the safe,

so I helped the Match Director and went to lunch afterwards

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post