SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s Personal Driver For 20 Years Was A Chinese Spy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s Personal Driver For 20 Years Was A Chinese Spy Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Federalist
Bre Payton

Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s office was infiltrated by a Chinese spy who worked as her driver and attended official functions on her behalf for 20 years, according to new reports from Politico and The San Francisco Chronicle.

Feinstein reportedly had no idea that her office was being infiltrated by a man who was feeding information to an individual linked to China’s Ministry of State Security. She was “mortified” when the FBI showed up at her Washington DC office five years ago to warn her about the mole.

Feinstein, who was serving as chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee at the time, had access to classified intelligence that would be extremely valuable to the Chinese government. She forced her driver to resign shortly thereafter and did not tell her staff about the incident, according to an unnamed source cited in the Chronicle.

In her capacity as a ranking member on the Senate Intelligence Committee, Feinstein unilaterally released testimony from Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson to the public earlier this year, violating committee precedent. When she released these records, she failed to disclose that one of her former staffers, Daniel Jones, had hired Fusion GPS and ex-British spy Christopher Steele to dig up dirt on Donald Trump after the 2016 election.

Jones, who runs a private investigative outfit called Penn Quarter Group, told the FBI last year that he was being bankrolled by 7 to 10 wealthy donors who are primarily from New York and California to look into whether Trump’s campaign colluded with Russian officials to steal the 2016 election from Hillary Clinton. These donors gave him $50 million he used to hire Fusion GPS, which contracted with Steele to compile the now-infamous dossier riddled with salacious and unverified claims.

The dossier, which was also funded by Clinton’s campaign and the Democratic Party, was used as evidence in the FBI’s warrant to secretly surveil Trump campaign associate Carter Page for more than a year.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
She's bat shit crazy.

That being said, why would it matter if the driver was spy. Driver should not be privy to any confidential discussions or materials in the car.

If he did, it's her fault and she should be charged with not assuring the proper security of state secrets.

ETA: Let me be clear. I'm not saying it's okay for her to employ a spy. I'm saying she could be surrounded by a thousand spies and it shouldn't matter because she should be exercising high levels of info security. Of course she shouldn't have employed a spy.

It's like the 4 rules. Even if you know a gun is unloaded and empty, treat it as if it were loaded and always honor the 4 rules. If you're in public, don't talk about shit that isn't supposed to be discussed outside of secure areas.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: konata88,

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12723 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
I don't have the link but California rep. Pelosi had a Chinese spy on her team too.

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
She's bat shit crazy.

That being said, why would it matter if the driver was spy. Driver should not be privy to any confidential discussions or materials in the car.

If he did, it's her fault and she should be charged with not assuring the proper security of state secrets.

Are you implying that someone on the left would be loose with privileged information? It’s not like she had a private, unsecured server or anything...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15584 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Driver should not be privy to any confidential discussions or materials in the car.

Democrats are not bound by confidentiality rules...duh!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
She forced him to resign. Damn, she's harsh. Roll Eyes

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Driver should not be privy to any confidential discussions or materials in the car.

Should or shouldn’t, that’s nevertheless extremely common, so it does matter. What about the times a sensitive document gets left in the car? The history of espionage is full of examples of low-level employees gaining access to things they “shouldn’t.” Yes, Feinstein bears the ultimate blame for any lax security, but the spy and those who employed him bear the blame for any espionage.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Some people think these folks ride around in their limos listening to Rush and admiring the foliage. I think they talk either on the phone or with others in the car.

When they are not driving, the drivers stand around trading scuttlebutt with other drivers. Actually, a driver might know more about what is going on than any of the big shots.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So the Chinese do the sneaky "Spy Hunter" trick and play her for the moron she is.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
yep, mouth shut, ears open, you don't have to read the files to get some intel on state secrets as a driver or valet...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Chinese collusion!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
"Confidential" is different from "classified" but I have no doubt each was discussed with little regard for the security differences required when switching from one to the other. So the driver most likely heard everything.

Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
This was discovered years ago - but how may of you heard about it?

If it could damage the dems, the media just won't report on it.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I drove the armored limo for a Secretary of Defense one time when he was being briefed in the back seat. It was mostly just the briefer pointing out something in a document and I only overheard a couple of words. I don’t know for certain that the information being discussed was classified and I had a TS/SCI clearance at the time, but I’m sure the regular driver heard sensitive things on many occasions. And of course a driver would be in a perfect position to put a listening device in a car.

Should it be concerning? Yes, it should be concerning.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
How easy would it be for a driver to put a microphone in the back?

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

To put it there? Probably not too hard. To keep it there? No idea. I bet the vehicles for the big wigs get swept pretty often.

I have no direct knowledge but a buddy of mine got out and went to work for the state department motor pool or whatever they are called. They hired him because he was a mechanic with a clearance. Seems you needed one do work on the vehicles, even just to replace the bullet proof glass (it expires). So I figure they have a pretty good security program.

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
She forced her driver to resign shortly thereafter and did not tell her staff about the incident,

Oooooh, harsh! That will send a message. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7358 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Some people think these folks ride around in their limos listening to Rush and admiring the foliage. I think they talk either on the phone or with others in the car.

When they are not driving, the drivers stand around trading scuttlebutt with other drivers. Actually, a driver might know more about what is going on than any of the big shots.

I think a driver would know an awful lot of useful information. He would overhear tons of stuff and know who she met with, etc.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

To put it there? Probably not too hard. To keep it there? No idea. I bet the vehicles for the big wigs get swept pretty often.

I have no direct knowledge but a buddy of mine got out and went to work for the state department motor pool or whatever they are called. They hired him because he was a mechanic with a clearance. Seems you needed one do work on the vehicles, even just to replace the bullet proof glass (it expires). So I figure they have a pretty good security program.

Well, maybe. All the security lapses are at the hands of those with clearances, n’est pas?

Maybe this Chinese spy had a clearance, too.

posted Hide Post
I’m stereotyping here, but was he even a good driver?

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post