SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Most annoying corporate speak
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most annoying corporate speak Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
You need to have skin in the game.

I had to take an emotional day off (In other words, you were still drunk when you woke up).

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right-sizing the company (here come the layoffs).

We need to open our kimono's (WTF?!?!).

Reducing our benefits to meet industry 'best practices' (kiss your nice healthcare coverage and funded pension good-bye, etc.).

Consultants, contractors and staff-aug are our first 'ring of defense' for head-count reduction (well, don't waste company money in the first place and don't hire the money sucking leeches, like Accenture!).

This new computer system will make us more efficient (uh huh).

We value your bottoms-up analysis.

and finally. . .

Work smarter not harder!

ETA - We need to go after the low-hanging fruit (so always says the new regime. WTF do you think we have been doing for the last 10+ / forever years?!).

Posts: 3479 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Apparently "engender" has nothing to do with bathrooms. Why not save the fiddy-cent word and say "cause"?

Oh yeah, taint punches for the recent rise of the word "bespoke." It's "customized" or "built to order" for us without English degrees or time in the yUK.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
We need to open our kimono's (WTF?!?!).

We value your bottoms-up analysis.

If you try to open my kimono to look at my bottom, we'll have a problem.

What is a gimba walk? Our daughter is a nurse and they are "embracing" this now.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
"I think we have the right people on the bus they just aren't in the right seats"

"The customer's perception IS our reality"

"Get in front of the group and take their temperature"

Posts: 1634 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think we have the right people on the bus they just aren't in the right seats"

They better correct that one, could be interpreted as a micro aggression.LOL

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Former CEO of GE, Jack Welch is one of the perpetrators of LSS. In the middle 90's, he fell in lust with the program.

Current GE CEO has a different opinion:

"Jeff Immelt was asked how he can get investors to appreciate the company's new digital transformation and 3-D printing investments. His response: It "makes a shitload more sense than Six Sigma did."

I was an intern at GE Appliance Park in Louisville for several months in the early 2000s. There was a lot of effort put toward Six Sigma and I never saw the returns. Now I'm in the Air Force and we use a version of it. The only thing I've seen come of it is an excessively obnoxious use of the word "delta".

We will have to do more with less. = Brace yourself; we are about to be screwed.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post