SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Well, that'll wake you up in the morning! (Dog related)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, that'll wake you up in the morning! (Dog related) Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted
I was getting my 3 year old son strapped into his carseat this morning, parked in the driveway in front of our house on the corner of our residential neighborhood, leaning over into the middle of the back seat of the car. I always feel really vulnerable during this process, so I tend to keep my head up and looking around as much as possible, but there's parts of the process that definitely require your close attention.

About the point where I was tightening the straps, I thought I heard a woman talking from the sidewalk. Being parked in the driveway, I was quite surprised to turn my head and see a wolf looking back at me over the top of my ass! Eek

I don't recall the footwork, but in a half a breath, I was standing and facing the wolf. In the next half of that breath, I saw my next door neighbor, the quiet older woman who was widowed last year when cancer took her husband holding a leash attached to the wolf. She was chastising the wolf, a huge Huskie aptly named Conan, for insisting on coming up to say hello. I guess he fairly drug her up the driveway. He nearly pinned me to the door to get some lovings and even said hello to my kiddo, who was thrilled to see a dog first thing in the morning.

I'm a dog lover and grew up with GSD mixes that were quite big, but this dog startled the nerve right out of me. Was nice to say hello but whoa! I'm glad she has him. Eek

Posts: 17621 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Adrenalin is a wonderful thing! You're just a bit more alive today than yesterday. Make good friends with that big hairy boy and he just might help you out some day when you need it. Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Sounds like my dog Wolfie - half Shepard, half Malamute.

When his ears are pointed toward and you are his center of attention, it is an intense gaze. Oh and if you fail to realize you WILL scratch him between the ears, he turn broadside on you then lean up against you until you get the hint.

He also looks down on the kitchen counter to see what's there. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14146 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

When his ears are pointed toward and you are his center of attention, it is an intense gaze. Oh and if you fail to realize you WILL scratch him between the ears, he turn broadside on you then lean up against you until you get the hint.

On two legs or four? Pictures please.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
At least he didn't sneak up from behind and say hello the way some dogs do with their snouts in the old crotchola......

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29905 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Then there's the dog charging at you. The owner calls "Fluffy, oh stop Fluffy." When the dog ignores this, the owner yells "Don't worry, he's friendly!"

Yea, right.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 21bubba:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

On two legs or four? Pictures please.

When he's on all four.

I'll see if i can get one up for you

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14146 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Yeah and there's something about their eyes that are a bit unnerving. Friend of mine had one with ice blue eyes. I always wondered if he was considering 'food or friend' when he looked at me.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Was he an Alaskan Malamute? They are huge dogs and some look very wolf like. Neighbors at my old place had one, seemed like a friendly gentle giant. One time he got out and was wandering the neighborhood unattended. The email warning for our local HOA went out saying their was a wolf running wild. Yeah right a wild wolf, in central Ohio suburbs. Big Grin

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2599 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our 9 month old (85 pound) Akita is now tall enough to where she can stand with her face next to mine when I am sleeping. Her new thing is to get close enough in the morning to where I can feel her breath, and the minute I open my eyes I get licks at a hundred miles an hour. Makes me laugh every morning.

Posts: 57 | Registered: November 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AGFNTB:
Our 9 month old (85 pound) Akita is now tall enough to where she can stand with her face next to mine when I am sleeping. Her new thing is to get close enough in the morning to where I can feel her breath, and the minute I open my eyes I get licks at a hundred miles an hour. Makes me laugh every morning.

Made me laugh just reading it. Dogs are awesome pals, that's for sure.

Posts: 3535 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I bought a gun yesterday, K31 Swiss, 7.5mm. As I drove up to the farmhouse I see two large dogs amble up, Bull Mastiffs I hear.

The owner was manning the grill & didn't seem concerned. Being the dog guy I am, I stepped out. The dogs were sorta O.K. With that, I let them sniff. I think after that I stepped a bit to fast, one gave a growl then a minor 'snap', no bite.

After that the owner came to take them away. They said the one was O.K., but the other more questionable.

I just ended up with a little slobber.

Posts: 6386 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post