SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Weather App for iPad
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weather App for iPad Login/Join 
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
I use our local FOX News weather app. It has been best so far. I used to use weather. Com and then accuweather then underground. But they all eventually became slow and full of pop ups. Not the Fox one. It’s accurate and quick. Detailed also.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDHunz:
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
I use Accuweather.

Same here.

Yep...has been very accurate for me..

+1

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I use my radar for quick scans of the area, riding a motorcycle in Florida in the summer it works great for quick access to a map with active radar. They also have a pilots edition

For all inclusive I use accuweather good radar and forecast of time to rain to your area but you have to open the radar section etc, my radar is just quicker

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Myradar user here.

SIDE NOTE: if you want a hilarious weather app with NSFW comments about how hot it is, or how cold it is, try WTForecast.

Today is being described as "hotter than a Siracha enema."

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDHunz:
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
I use Accuweather.

Same here.

Yep...has been very accurate for me..

Same here.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I use Weather Bug and RainAware..
I have Radar US but don't ever use it.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I enjoy HumorCast. good weather with funny captions.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use weather channel and accuweather for forecasts. Hi-Def radar for maps. It updates very fast, every 30 seconds or minute I believe. The weather channel and accuweather app radars update every 10-15 minutes I think.

God, Guns, and Guts made this country....let's keep all three

Posts: 495 | Location: TX | Registered: March 09, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
NOAA Hi Def Radar is by far my favorite for just radar.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Weather undergroind has had a terrific app, Storm, which was just discontinued. It wanted us to download a weather channel app, Storm Radar, which is terrible, hard to use, no forecasts thst I can find, very limited, etc.

Any suggestions for a usable app, maps, radar, forecasts, etc?

Forecasts? In Texas? Bwahahahaha. Smile. You could take a weatherman everywhere you went and it wouldn’t help.

More seriously though, NOAA website for forecasts and RadarScope for near real-time storm tracking has been my goto for years.

Up north of you in DFW, radar apps and TV are good but the actual radar feeds have limits for tornadoes and hail. Here, tuning in to SkyWarn on 2m ham is the absolute best for storms. That’s how the local TV weathermen get updates.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Check out SpaghettiModels. I know, funny name, but LOTS of weather sites. You'll learn, be entertained and amazed for hours, even days. Fantastic one stop place.

Additionally, just google "National Weather Service (and your city/area). Great professional site.

San Antonio NWS

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post