SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New York governor legalizes human composting after death
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New York governor legalizes human composting after death Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Three large pizzas a day for the last six months of your life. Don't let Greta know!

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’d in the “cheap pine box in the back 40” if I was sure my family would never leave the property but that’s not a given. I refuse to be buried in a cemetery for multiple reasons, not the least of which is the absurd cost. My first choice is cremation and scattered in the ocean as long as it didn’t end like this…

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I want my burial to be as cheap as possible. I'd be happy with a plywood coffin. My only hesitation is that my boys tell me they're going to bury me with a Hi point 9mm in my hand. Yo, that's desecration.....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
The best way to 'recycle' a person is to drop them in a salt marsh... takes just a couple of days to be only bones.. It's what I would like my friends to do to me... then a couple of weeks later go to the local sea food shop and buy a lot of shrimp and crabs and have one hell of a party.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I want my burial to be as cheap as possible. I'd be happy with a plywood coffin. My only hesitation is that my boys tell me they're going to bury me with a Hi point 9mm in my hand. Yo, that's desecration.....

It does take a Hi-Point out of circulation… so it’s got that going for it.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've left instructions that I'm to be stood on tiptoe and driven into the ground with a croquet mallet.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
what is the actual practical difference between actively doing it via composting and passively doing it via burial? Me I'm into a pyre but I understand that adds to my carbon footprint, but so be it. I like a good fire.

Inside a concrete liner, your decomposed body goes nowhere and I suppose after some time, the nutritional value goes to zero. The other way, you can be part of the circle of life.

I really don't have a problem with this other than I see the funeral people still get their slice. Better than floating your dead body down some river.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19664 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
The best way to 'recycle' a person is to drop them in a salt marsh... takes just a couple of days to be only bones.

The funeral business has a machine that does this in just several hours, same concept. You go down the drain and your bones are all that is left.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
The EPA has already changed the definition of compost to include biosolids (aka biosludge). Biosolids is the dried out solids (e.g. fecal matter) from the sewage treatment plant with no limits on chemicals, heavy metals, etc. Biosolids is labeled as compost with no mention whatsoever on package AND they're allowed to label as organic. It's being spread on farmers fields, it's being blended into organic fertilizer, etc. so it's in our food supply.

I have the same concern with "composting" human corpses. It's going to end up as fertilizer on our crops.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23261 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
As an FYI, most places don’t accept the use of “bio solids” as organic.

Human waste tends to have lots of heavy metals and pharmaceutical contamination - not sure how good a job sewage plants do with that

Posts: 5739 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Governor Hochul will get every red wiggler worm in New York voting for her next time around.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1556 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here in MQT, they have embraced "green burials". The city set aside a portion of Park Cemetery for this practice. No embalming or a biodegradable embalming fluid is used, then a cloth shroud (bag?) and a biodegradable coffin. Dig the hole and drop you in it. Done.
I walk past the green burial plot frequently and have yet to see it used.
I often research and visit historic and pioneer cemeteries here in the Yoop. You will see coffin sized depressions in the ground where the coffins degraded and the soil above them fell in. So, everything old is new again!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

Inside a concrete liner, your decomposed body goes nowhere and I suppose after some time, the nutritional value goes to zero.

I've seen the documentary on cable TV several times.
You just dump a few buckets full of live scarabs into the sarcophagus along with the body. Works antemortem, too.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Washington State was the first in 2019. Not sure what I think about all this ...

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How can they claim this is "green", there is a lot of Carbon in a human body and what is produced during decomposition is the exact same gas that is present in Cow Farts.

Yeah, we have two choices how our body is dealt with, you either Go Up in Smoke or you turn into Cow Farts.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
I want my remains scattered around Walt Disney World. But I don't want to be cremated.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^^Woodchipper? Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, we have two choices how our body is dealt with, you either Go Up in Smoke or you turn into Cow Farts.

Three. The method I mentioned up above used water (sort of) and you go down the drain as a fluid minus your bones. They claim it's one of the more ecofriendly ways to do it and has been used for a while to get rid of roadkill and other misc. dead critters.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Here in MQT, they have embraced "green burials". The city set aside a portion of Park Cemetery for this practice. No embalming or a biodegradable embalming fluid is used, then a cloth shroud (bag?) and a biodegradable coffin. Dig the hole and drop you in it. Done.

There was a tv show about something similar. Your put in a canvas bag and naturally buried. They drop a GPS unit in there with you so family could stop at the office and get a tracker to lead to your location.

Posts: 5418 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

It does take a Hi-Point out of circulation… so it’s got that going for it.

That's hardly a consolation prize...lol

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post