SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Changing Watch Hands
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Changing Watch Hands Login/Join 
posted
So I know it’s a relatively common deal to do custom modifications to watches like the various Seikos, but is this a thing with other brands?

I have a Glycine that is almost “perfect” as a work watch except for the fact that the hands are a very hard to see skeleton design. I really need high vis, easy to see hands, preferably with some good lume.

Any place I could go to get the hands swapped out? Or is this the perfect excuse for a new watch?

Full Disclosure Notification: I’m good either way!

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
NWD: New watch day, is always fun.

I believe there are a few members here that are proficient in watch-works.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Any competent watchmaker could do it.

My Dad was a watchmaker and I grew up watching him working behind his bench.

I've done it, but no longer have access to the necessary tools and parts.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
"Call the man" (David Truong)

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
It’s easy! Hands for an ETA 2824 will fit.
Order what you like and have a watchmaker install them.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39754 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post