SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This was never going to have a happy ending....
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
This was never going to have a happy ending.... Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted
mainly due, I think, to the wacky names of those involved.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=888_1488009444

Betcha that no guns were legal there, though.

tac

Posts: 11303 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Morons

Posts: 26847 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The world appears to have lost a future Nobel prize winner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21056 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
What are you talking about?

That WAS a happy ending!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34073 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I got the impression that the guy with the blue pack was being more aggressive and he had a gun out first. It also looked like he might have drawn his gun first later just before the guy with the orange shirt drew and defended himself.

If all that were true, what would we think if we’d been the guy in orange? (Yeah, yeah, I know: We would never be in an argument, but play along.)

I also wonder about what appeared to be a large woman who got out of the vehicle at the end. Was she(?) blue pack’s mother who drove him to the encounter with his gun and all, and is now weeping and wailing about her dead boy? If so, do we have any questions about the culture that results in people being shot dead on the streets?

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47360 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Tec-9? Mexican? Seems like a double dumb idea.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31364 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I surely don't see a murder. I see a fairly solid self defense shooting. I often hear that you can't justify shooting someone in the back, or as they're running away. I disagree. Once the gun comes out you do not have to have it pointed at you to legally defend yourself. I often use almost that exact scenario as an example- opponent running for cover. Do you really think you should pause firing and wait until he gets behind cover and starts firing at you to resume?

Of course we don't know what was said, but I imagine it was something like "I'll kill you MFer!" And it's not a perfect scenario as the deceased did not have his weapon out fully at the time the shooting started. But he had already clearly brandished it, and if he reached for it I certainly wouldn't recommend letting him take the first shot.

Posts: 3420 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Oh! He need some milk!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43801 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Can anyone identify the shooter's pistol? Looks like a .380 maybe.

These two probably both have priors.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
There are numerous news stories on this, and a couple just make you shake your head at the fail and stupidity. They are, however, informative reading.

To save space and bandwidth here, just Google "Kareem Mano and De'Andre Thomas" and browse the articles.

Posts: 4492 | Registered: January 01, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
I surely don't see a murder. I see a fairly solid self defense shooting.

I doubt it. Looks like they both chose to be there, orange didn't try to leave.

Forget the guns. If it was a fistfight, would you say self-defense still? The police wouldn't, it was mutual combat, they got into an argument and neither backed down. It wasn't an innocent person trying to go about their day being confronted by a thug. It was 2 criminals.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Oh! He need some milk!

WHIRLSTA!!!!!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29597 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:

The fact that the shooter chased after the other person while continuing to fire makes it a murder.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8195 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
mainly due, I think, to the wacky names of those involved.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=888_1488009444

Betcha that no guns were legal there, though.

tac

A little Googlefoo reveals that was in Macon Georgia > USA.
Gangbangers no doubt lost their way from Chicago.

Posts: 22845 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:

The fact that the shooter chased after the other person while continuing to fire makes it a murder.

The above, and the fact that the guy in black de-escalated put his gun in his pants when the shooter pulled his and then pursued him makes this an almost impossible self-defense, defense.

Posts: 6351 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Jehova's Witness dispute? Wink

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The guy in black put his gun in his pants but was still being aggressive/threatening to the guy in orange. The guy in orange knows the guy in black is armed. Given the opportunity to deal with an armed aggressor, he pulls and shoots. He never threatens the guy in black.

A good lawyer could beat this.

quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:

The above, and the fact that the guy in black de-escalated put his gun in his pants when the shooter pulled his and then pursued him makes this an almost impossible self-defense, defense.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Some of the discussion here reminds me why I fervently hope that a jury of my “peers” is never in a position to decide whether I go to jail.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47360 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Some of the discussion here reminds me why I fervently hope that a jury of my “peers” is never in a position to decide whether I go to jail.

Yep

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Agreed - and I had to laugh out loud when I read your comment! Big Grin

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post