SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Have you ever had a chainsaw accident ?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you ever had a chainsaw accident ? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I used wood as my primary heat source for 20 years and learned as a kid what to do right. Never had an accident or really even a close call. Worst thing happened was while dressing a chain I ran the file across my thumb and put a dent in the nail.

Posts: 368 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me, closest was a saw that ended up hitting a chain saw chap working on a tree on a very steep hill. Cut it a bit, but nothing serious which is why one wears them. I cut trees full time 180 days per year. Now if you asked about trees that didn't go where I want that would be a different story. I am also on the local FD and I have taken any number of people who didn't have the correct PPE to the hospital, some in pretty serious shape. But in any case if you cut trees you need boots, chaps, jacket/overgarment with PPE built in, helmet, ear and eye protection. That's pretty much what you can do.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Years back I was limbing a downed tree and a good sized branch bent backwards and sent the saw to the ground right where my foot was. So glad I always wear steel toed boots. It cut through the tip of my boot and you could see the steel as plain as day. No damage to me but I called it a day nonetheless.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post