SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Had a shrimp po'boy ...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Had a shrimp po'boy ... Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted

Yes, I know, a po'boy, or anything else, from Krystal. Roll Eyes And it had some extra shit on it (a "zesty" sauce, two others available) that I gather is not on a real one. But it makes me want a real one.

Posts: 27982 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Cootie Brown's on North Roan has an awesome Po Boy, if you're familiar with the restaurant. I prefer the oysters myself. I eat there every chance I get when I'm in town.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cootie Brown's on North Roan

I know of it. It's on my way to the range.

Posts: 27982 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
What makes a great po boy is hollowing out the roll. The bread to meat ratio on a typical poboy is off. This fixes it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Man that must have been a late night adventure to have the seeds to try shrimp from Krystal. I get nervous every time I order shrimp from anyplace other than a quality restaurant.

That said, I wonder if White Castle has those? Might have to give it a run after enough Coors Light.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Fried oyster po boy is numero uno; in my opinion.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
What makes a great po boy is hollowing out the roll. The bread to meat ratio on a typical poboy is off. This fixes it.

This man, ^^smithnsig,^^ speaks the truth. Listen to him.

Crystal is what you splash on a po' boy, not the name of a po' boy cafe. When you find a joint that slaps the bread face down on the grill to toast and then scraps out the roll, you got the real deal. Oyster po' boy and a draft beer---well, it just doun' git any better.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:

Gutting the bread works for a variety of sandwiches.

Posts: 10999 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's more than that, you also need the correct bread which is light and crispy on outside and soft on inside. A baguette is not correct, neither is a Philly type hoagie roll.

Posts: 33853 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bayouman
posted Hide Post
Sorry my friends but the best place for a
Po boy is in New Orleans, specifically an oyster or shrimp, at Acme Oyster Company. It must be made with Leidenheimer French bread, crunchy outside and soft on the inside. Damn I have made myself hungry.

Bayouman
Never let the enemy pick the battle site.

Posts: 727 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana  | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Acme Special Po Boy for me. Roast beef.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16116 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite NOLA Po'boy sandwich is crayfish(mudbug) Po'boy!!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!!

Posts: 6629 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd love to be sitting in R&O's right now munching on a soft shell crab po'boy - fully dressed - with a cup of their gumbo and some bread pudding for desert. Man o' man...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
If you are ever in Gainesville, GA, we have a GREAT Kajun place. Atlanta Highway Seafood Company!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Gator tail po boy.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34133 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
We got a fab place here. New Orleans seafood or something. Best shrimp po'boy I have had outside of NOLA. Damn close, in fact.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post