SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    EDC The Basics or my basic EDC rules I live by.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EDC The Basics or my basic EDC rules I live by. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Magazines can fail. Carrying a spare mag isn't only about having more rounds for a reload.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gun, knife, flashlight.

Plan on at least a mag of 147 flat tip 9mm +p+ for critters in the future as I live in furry antifa AKA deer country.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Magazines can fail. Carrying a spare mag isn't only about having more rounds for a reload.

Guns can fail. Why not carry a spare gun?

You have to draw the line somewhere. Either you have confidence in the weapon you train with and maintain, or you don't.

Posts: 13064 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Since I can’t carry a gun “every” day because of where I work, here’s the list of no-kidding stuff I really DO EVERY day carry:

Two lights: Streamlight single AAA cell and a Fenix PD25.

A tiny SAK I’ve had for 30+ years — the tiny one with just the blade, the nail file, the tweezers and toothpick. I’ve been opening mail with it for 30+ years. It used to have the USAF crest on it, but that fell of over a decade ago.

A Fisher Space Pen.

Metal medicine capsule with spare hearing aid batteries - can also use as a protective hearing aid case if I want to take them out. (They’re the CIC kind).

A CRKT Pike’s Peak locking folder. It’s small enough to carry discretely yet still enough to feel like I’ve got “a knife” on me.

On days off and weekends when I CAN carry a gun I carry the gun plus 2 mags. If revolver, usually 2 reloads. Exception is when I carry my LCR on my bicycle rides (exercise) - no reloads.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1748 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I'm another that can't carry every day due to work. 1st is against company policy but putting that aside, it's not practical as I work in Hospital OR's and concealed carry in scrubs just isn't going to work well.

I do have standard carry load out I use (ok when i'm not in scrubs).

2 knives, Leatherman tool, Fenix LD12 Flashlight.

1st Knife is a Spyderco PM2 with Emerson Wave. This is my always razor sharp and is my clean knife that is for defense, life or death situations or if the steak knife at the restaurant just isn't working.

2nd Knife is a Spyderco Tenacious. This is my dirty knife, usually pretty sharp but used for cutting boxes or when a friend say "Can I borrow your knife for a minute?".

Leatherman carried in work clothes (not scrubs, Kahki pants and polo shirt) is a Free P4 carried in a custom kydex holster. Looks like a mag carrier but is made specifically for the Leatherman Free. My Leatherman in street clothes is a Rebar or Wingman carried in my left front pocket (no Sheath).

The Fenix light is carried all the time. Runs on a single AA battery and puts out pretty good light.

When I do carry a firearm, 95% of the time it is a Sig P365XL carried on my right hip in a kydex IWB Holster and a single spare 15rd magazine on my left hip in a Pitbull Tactical universal mag pouch. Carry load is Federal HST 124gr +P.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4583 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post