SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My grandfather died last night.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My grandfather died last night. Login/Join 
Caught in a loop
posted
Perfect punctuation on a shitty week.

Somewhere between 0030 and 0200 last night he slipped peacefully in his sleep.

He was an Air Force vet, working as an engineer building schools in Korea, then as an engineer for Johnson & Johnson.

At least he and my grandmother are finally back together.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3347 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear this, friend. May his memory be a blessing.

Posts: 45327 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8317 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
My condolences to you and your family.

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1360 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear of your loss. Condolences to you and your family.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11048 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
My sympathies to you and your family.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
It’s never easy to loose a loved one. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Condolences.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11239 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your loss. As you said, they are back together again.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
Thanks. He did have a fairly good run (89).

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3347 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ch23701
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. Like you said he didn’t do bad….89 years old is one heckuva of an accomplishment!

Posts: 255 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: September 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
Vulrath, I am very sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2078 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Condolences to you and your family

Posts: 23224 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
So sorry. A death in the family is always hard. Keep the good memories alive. My prayers for you and the family.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jandersd
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. It is hard to lose family.

---
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Posts: 1122 | Location: Cartersville, GA | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My condolences.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15998 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Sorry to read of this. Prayers and condolences for you and your family.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16143 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our sympathies, prayers and condolences.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear this. My condolences.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12682 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post