Finally. Goodbye CA

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5950089534

January 11, 2018, 11:36 AM
Balzé Halzé
Finally. Goodbye CA
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
Good for you, we escaped NJ 13 years ago for Utah, it's a great feeling.

Indeed it is...

13 years ago for me as well.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
January 11, 2018, 11:36 AM
djpaintles
Welcome to Texas!!

What part of DFW are you moving to?

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................
January 11, 2018, 11:47 AM
sigspecops
Normally, I’m for a total ban on all California immigration to the great state of Texas but an exception can be made for a gun loving sig forum member. When I was younger I wanted to move to California. I loved the amazing weather and scenery and all of the cool things that used to come from there, it’s so sad that no sane person would ever move there now.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain
January 11, 2018, 12:29 PM
k5blazer
Congratulations! Left in 1973 but went back off and on to visit my parents. When they left in 1988 visits drastically dropped off. Have fun in the great state of Texas.
January 11, 2018, 12:32 PM
GWbiker
quote:

New Jersey.

Don't you need a passport to leave a third world country?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".
January 11, 2018, 12:45 PM
nighthawk
It would be interesting to hear your views on what it is like comparing where you left, and what you have found in your new state.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".
January 11, 2018, 12:57 PM
Scoutmaster
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

IIRC California levied a state income tax on those who earned money while living in CA, but retired and moved out of CA, until SCOTUS said no.

And how are they going to collect?

That was one of the problems. Again, IIRC, they would send notices, file attachments on any assets left in the state, claim the money from the retirement fund if such fund had assets in CA, etc.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944
January 11, 2018, 12:58 PM
Elk Hunter
Congrats on your escape!

I am positive you will find the newly found freedom and intelligence refreshing and rewarding.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter
January 11, 2018, 01:03 PM
greco
Lucky you!! A great move. Best of luck in your new digs.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom
January 11, 2018, 01:16 PM
deepocean
quote:

Twelve years and counting for me.

Congratulations to you Oddball.
January 11, 2018, 01:26 PM
benny6
Congrats! I escaped in 1999.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com
January 11, 2018, 01:29 PM
berto
Sorry to see you leave but I can't blame ya. Enjoy TX.
January 11, 2018, 03:56 PM
thunderson
I only know you from here obviously but damn that's good to hear. It's like reading a news story about a hostage rescue that goes right. Glad you made it out.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown
January 11, 2018, 04:09 PM
First, it was Yogi Bear. Now, it's oddball. Congrats!

Revelation 18:4 - And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

And, don't forget, The Escape to Freedom Karma Wink

Q

January 11, 2018, 04:15 PM
R K9 J
Congrats and good for you!

I moved out of California after 32 years in 1987. Was born and raised in Long Beach. Great place then to grow up. Today? Not so much. Miss my friends and one of my favorite bars in the world (Joe Jost’s) but … California? Not in the least.

Since leaving California, I have lived in nine different states (two twice). Would go back to any of them except California and Illinois (Chicago is still may favorite city to go to for music and food).

Good luck!
January 11, 2018, 04:25 PM
Dbltap
Congrats on your Calexit. Keep the shiny side up and rubber side down and may God be your copilot.
January 11, 2018, 04:26 PM
David W
Congrats, welcome to the US!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles
January 11, 2018, 07:27 PM
newtoSig765
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
...When I was younger I wanted to move to California. I loved the amazing weather and scenery and all of the cool things that used to come from there...

I Wish They All Could Be California Girls 1965:

California Girls Today:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18
January 11, 2018, 08:01 PM
flashguy
Welcome to DFW, Texas! I came here 37 years ago after retiring from USAF and have really enjoyed my life here.

When you arrive and are back on line, do let us know where you've settled in. There are many SF folks in the DFW area and I'm sure we can gen up a welcoming dinner somewhere.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
January 11, 2018, 08:08 PM
SigM4
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Welcome to DFW, Texas! I came here 37 years ago after retiring from USAF and have really enjoyed my life here.

When you arrive and are back on line, do let us know where you've settled in. There are many SF folks in the DFW area and I'm sure we can gen up a welcoming dinner somewhere.

flashguy

Just what I was thinking, a welcome party perhapse, but with guns, and booze, and bbq. So a regular party in Texas.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…