SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    U.S. Army Ends Free Storage of Vehicles, Belongings for Deployed Soldiers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

U.S. Army Ends Free Storage of Vehicles, Belongings for Deployed Soldiers Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
https://www.breitbart.com/nati...r-deployed-soldiers/

Deployed U.S. Army soldiers will no longer be able to store their belongings free of charge while they are away from home, the Army Sustainment Command announced Wednesday.

A spokesman for the command, which is the primary provider of logistics support to Army units, told Military.com that it was discontinuing the use of funds to store soldiers’ vehicles and other goods while they are away for prolonged periods of time.

It was not specified whether the announcement applies to all deployment types or just to soldiers on temporary duty.

The storage policy ended in October, but the order was not “widely distributed” to soldiers or the press, the outlet reported.

That new “policy” was only mentioned after Military.com first reached out to the Army about the issue in early December, the outlet noted.

It is unclear when or in what manner that future policy will take form.

An internal memo from Col. Heather Carlisle, director for support operations at the Army Sustainment Command, said that the Army is not required to provide storage for its soldiers

HQDA G1, the proponent for [storage] entitlements, recently determined that the Army would no longer support [storage] entitlements because there is no Army policy explicitly authorizing storage in support of soldiers deployed for contingency operations.

We need to build back support and respect for our military and law enforcement personnel

Posts: 19588 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Huh. Reason number 37 for not recommending the military to anyone. Man...these "Generals" are finding more and more ways to step on their own dicks. JSMH....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
What free storage? When I went to Desert Storm, we boxed our shit up and they basically sealed our barracks rooms. Anyone with a car parked in the empty motor pool. Those off post had family look after their stuff.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16190 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does this just apply to enlisted?

Posts: 17250 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Angry Cops' take, with a breakdown of the G-1 memo:

Posts: 32524 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Just another shitty deal from .gov!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
I would be interested to know what the other Services currently do.

BTW - this guy could be a WWE professional wrestler doing interviews with Mean Gene.

Posts: 9053 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Fucking bureaucrats! As if deploying servicemen weren’t sacrificing enough already.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17280 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
As if they don’t have enough problems with retention and recruitment.

This is going to go over like a screen door in a submarine

Posts: 53200 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Discontinuing use of funds? WTF! Troops deployed store personal items in warehouses and vehicles in empty motor pools. How is that “funded” it shouldn’t cost anything. If the bureaucracy is what I suspect, they probably have some six figure salary manager of this program with a bunch of underlings who essentially do nothing.
Even my national guard unit when we deployed let so.doer park cars in the armory garage or fenced lot.

Posts: 3293 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is all being done on purpose. They want our military to be void of any real warfighters. They want trannies and pussies only.

It has taken some time, but we are seeing the results. And, they have become more brazen with the current regime.

I have never served. They did not want me because I am white and too smart. <- This is not an exaggeration. Every job I wanted, I was told "no" because they did not have any more spots except for Blacks, Hispanics and other minorities. This was in 1994 after I graduated college and Clinton was actively pushing affirmative action hard and reducing the size of the military.

I have served in a way though. My dad was career military. Nearly 30 years in. I spent the first 18 years of my life living on military bases, moving every 3 years or so, having an absent father for my formative years, abiding by all the rules and customs of the military, etc. I only say this to qualify that in my 51 years, I have seen what has happened to standards and accepted behaviors in the military. I still have to go on bases and military installations to take my mom to get new ID's, go shopping, to see doctors, etc., so I continue to see the changes.

We are nearing the end of this destruction as they are actively driving out the good men and women who are currently serving and are working their hardest to dissuade any new talent from wanting to join.

This is my opinion...

The "Boz"

Posts: 1533 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I remember correctly, the globalists and Biden's ultimate goal is for everyone not to own anything. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
When we went to sea, there was a “long term parking” lot on base that was next to security and was gated, we just parked there, undid the battery and left the keys in the floorboard in case my buddy needed to borrow it or there was a flood they could move it.

We all lived off base because land near the ocean is expensive so that wasnt an issue. When I knew I was gonna ETS mid-afloat, I stored all my stuff in a rental place and sold my car. When I got back I borrowed my buddy’s car from the long term lot and moved my stuff to my new place, returned his car and hitched a ride to rent a car.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11290 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
I'm betting local command or post will still have the option to assist... (Not that the majority of anyone would want to)

Examples:
- One Soldier I know, basically had no-one left at home and wanted to give up his rented apartment to save the $ while deployed...
o Free car storage = park car in a gravel motor pool in the middle of nowhere... had to get the car there like a week before mobilization date.
o Personal Effects (He had basically no furniture): took up 4 lockers in the locker room, plus a few duffel bags locked in the [~ 16'x16'] cage (Where equipment that is usually there, was pulled out for deployment, thus the spare room to store extra gear.

- A few other guys just left their cars/trucks in the parking lot of the Armory (With permission) one of the NCOs who did not deploy would start them up every once in a while (Pretty sure they all needed jump starts after they came back). Other than 12 months of dirt and leaves no one had a problem that I know of, but I would not leave anything nice like that.

Posts: 504 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Gotta save money for Ukraine.

Posts: 22923 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was deployed we never got “storage” for anything. I suppose parking your car at the hangar with the battery disconnected for 6 months could be considered storage. Or parking. As for personal effects the Navy didn’t store dick for us. Not sure if this is a big deal or not.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Well, when I was in the USMC 1979-1983, when we went on deployment cruises, we too all of our belongings in two sea bags, a carry bag and a clothing bag. If it didn’t fit in those, it didn’t go.

Marines that lived in the barracks that had vehicles parked them in the lot behind the barracks and it was encircled with barbed wire.

I’m sure the first part is still used today. No idea about vehicles now.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3438 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I got orders to go to Italy, I was told to not bring anything but personal uniforms, and a small amount of civilian clothes. I was told that anything else I needed was available in country. That advice would not apply in De Luxe tours in the sandbox.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16101 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Beancounters terminating a benefit to those serving us from the evil countries who want to cripple America. Hope reporter asks candidates running for ever office if they support or oppose the knuckle-headed move.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1560 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Just another reason their recruitment quota is off..

Posts: 13814 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post