SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dexter washer and dryer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dexter washer and dryer Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I bought a speed queen a few years ago and happy with it. Pretty penny so hoping I won’t have to buy a replacement for 15-20 years.

I went to a laundromat that used Dexter machines. Labeled made in USA and worked great. Just for future reference, good machines and good brand? Same or better than Speed Queen?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12734 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Most commercial laundry service techs I know hate them.
Speed Queen is the largest builder of coin op equipment in the world

Posts: 11227 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
For reference, who manufactures Dexter? Never heard of the brand.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
For reference, who manufactures Dexter? Never heard of the brand.

Dexter does, apparently they've been in business 125 years and everything is 100% USA manufactured and the company is 100% employee owned...…...according to their website. I've never heard of them either, but haven't used a commercial coin laundry place in probably 15 years and didn't pay any attention to the brands there either.

"For over 125 years Dexter Laundry has been helping people and businesses around the world process laundry faster and more efficiently. Our team of employee owners is committed to building a full line of washers, dryers, and management systems you can trust. Every Dexter product is made in the USA and backed by lifetime technical support and industry-leading warranties."

https://dexter.com/about-us/

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty amazing, 50 miles from my home town and I never heard of them before.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54667 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brad; sounds like stick w/ Speed Queen.

They worked great on my comforter and stuff - oversized load that my SQ can't handle. I used I think a 40lb machine and it got everything clean.

They were quiet and seemed well made.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12734 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post