SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Karma - Need someone to help use this watch. Winner is Scratchy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karma - Need someone to help use this watch. Winner is Scratchy Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I hope this is not insulting but my karma here is a used item. I've used this personally for a period of time and so it's not new. That being said, it's still in almost new condition - gently used.

It's Citizen PCAT series watch purchased I believe in 2019 but only used intermittently for less than a year I think.

Sapphire crystal. Lume hands. Solar and atomic clock set. It was capable of dual time zones (note the 24 hour clock in the lower half of the face). While the watch works fine otherwise, the dual time zone no longer works.

Why do I no longer use it? It's a good watch. Very convenient - solar, atomic time. Large case. But I don't use: 1) I have the Orient that was gifted to me by stickman, 2) I also use my Citizen Promaster. My complaints with the PCAT: 1) for some reason, I can't pick up the hands quickly to tell time, perhaps the face is too busy for me; 2) the lume is ok but it's too small, just a sliver especially on the minute hand. Usable but not quick for my tired old eyes.

I know it's not as appealing as the watches in the watch thread. And I know it's used. And I know it has a broken feature. Still, it does perform its primary function rather well and should continue to do so for years to come. It's a shame to just sit on my desk; she should get used. She's otherwise a decent watch that should serve well.

If you'd like to participate in the karma, all things considered, please be willing to put the watch to use (every day or at least a good portion of each month). It should be a primary use watch; I don't want it to just sit in a drawer somewhere as it could that just fine on my desk as it is. And you must have been a member here since at least 2019 (joined before dec 2019); be a member at least as old as the watch. And of course email in profile.

Sorry for the late add to the requirements but this one is important. If you win, you must also send an email to Dave at Mimi's and give thanks for him being a member here. For without him, this karma would not have been possible.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: konata88,

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12718 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Nice Karma. I'll take unlucky #1.

Posts: 4016 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Please include me. It is a good looking watch.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
I’ll take a shot as I don’t have a functioning wrist watch at the moment. Thanks for the opportunity!

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of neverfollow
posted Hide Post
I'd like to take a chance.

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: March 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
I'll play

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the chance.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
Count me in, my Resco has to go in for service
Thanks for a chance

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Nice looking watch. Please add me to the list.

Thanks. Cool

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Please include me to offer a classy looking break to my G-Shocks- thanks for the chance!

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Given that my only real watch is a Seiko from 1990, purchased on a whim when I didn’t have a mortgage payment for a month, I would love a real watch to enjoy. The high tech Apple watch, and the fitness watch, just don’t do horology justice. Thank you for the chance to return to high class time keeping.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll take and I'll wear it. Thanks for the chance.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3532 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m honored to have a chance at this most generous Karma!

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E. Wi. | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the opportunity! It would be an everyday wear.

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Don't include me, as my 4 working watches are hard enough to rotate through.
That's a good looking piece, love the orange contrast.

Seems similar to my Citizen F150, with the extra 24hr complication.

What stopped the dual time from working, if I may ask?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
I’d wear that with pride.

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I'm down and could definitely daily it. Beautiful watch!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please enter me into the list of candidate recipients.

Thanks,
Billy

Posts: 268 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: December 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like a chance to wear this great watch. Please include me also.

Thanks!

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post